Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a few flavors of 9mm to try out in my Xdsc. Golden sabre 124 gr. Hrnady tap-fpd 124 gr. And Speer gold dot 124 gr. Ive seen several threads about ammo testing. And it seemed to me that the taps and golden sabres didnt fair to well. Taps didnt expand to good and the GS had jacket and core seperation. Some testing that I have seen. Gold dots silver tips sxts rangers and some hydra shocks Seemed to do the best. What is everybodys take on some of the ammo listed here. As the three iI have are readily availible and about the cheapest in my area. Thanks for the time on these questions. Have a great day.

Sixgun

·
Registered
84 Posts
I carry the Gold Dot 124+p. This is the same round adopted when I was with the NYPD. I saw several shooting reports-A center mass hit is very efective

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
6gun - do go peek at Steve Camp's site where he has put in a huge amount of work on tests - some of which he has let us see here too. Much of that includes 9mm.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

Also - if you visit my R9 FAQ site (link in my sig) - there are buttons on left pertinent to some tests I did with various 9mm stuff.

I think this assorted info will help you. Beyond that much is down to individual perceptions - but I still on balance favor and stick with my 124GD's - either std pressure for R9 or +P in SIG.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
carry hydro in my 9mm, but the gold dot are also good

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments guys. Im interested in the new hst from federal and I prefer something in the 124 grain range. Im goin to get some hst soon to try out I hear they are an awesome round and pretty reasonable from striechers to. Have a good one.

Sixgun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts