Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at our go to Ammo Website, i.e. SGAMMO I see where the AR 5.56 platform beats out the AK47/74 is in ammo selection, the variety is almost endless. I see both Federal and Speer offer Law Enforcement Ammo to the public. Speer advertises expansion out to 200 yds in a 10" barrel, pretty good bragging rights for the 5.56. Two hundred yds in my opinon would be good enough for a SHTF, Apocalyptic, End of Times Zombie Killer, right?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Just look up the the 8m3 ak47 round or the 7n6 AK74 for my answer to putting holes in things in case of SHTF ..

8m3 is a very unpleasten round ..Oh and the sga stuff is double sealed to last a very very long time

But yes I will arge 223 and 556 have more ammo choices in terms of markers but most of it is just xm193 or xm85(sp ) ammo or some type of ball if 223 or soft point etc ..All pretty much the same imop

Reactions: Rhodie2

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just look up the the 8m3 ak47 round or the 7n6 AK74 for my answer to putting holes in things in case of SHTF ..

8m3 is a very unpleasten round ..Oh and the sga stuff is double sealed to last a very very long time

But yes I will arge 223 and 556 have more ammo choices in terms of markers but most of it is just xm193 or xm85(sp ) ammo or some type of ball if 223 or soft point etc ..All pretty much the same imop
Yes, agreed. The 5.45 round is devastating and unlike the 223 / 5.56 round, it is not dependent on velocity in order for it to be effective.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Yes, agreed. The 5.45 round is devastating and unlike the 223 / 5.56 round, it is not dependent on velocity in order for it to be effective.
And see what the 8m3 hunting round can do .......

Reactions: Rhodie2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts