Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ammo Shortage...Really?
Yeah never fails a friend and I were lamenting on the lack of ammo
and its cost I go to Wal Mart and see all kinds of 9mm, 223, 7.63X39,
40 & 45 all at great prices!! But I could only get 3 50rd. boxes so I got my
9mm and left. Boy the one time I wish the wife would have been there
so I could buy more ammo. When I told her I was going to Wal-Mart she said you go ahead I want to watch a movie, any other time she would kill to be there! Oh well.

Unbelievable!! Same town but different Wal-mart. 24hrs. later I scored 3, Winchester 100 round value packs, my price for the 3 only 24.47 + tax each!!
77.45 inc. tax for 300 rds. of 9mm 115gr. FMJ, I'm set for a while!! I'll pick up my new Bersa BP-9cc tomorrow give it a good cleaning to remove the thick oil and grease, then it gets the good stuff, Slip EWL before a single round is sent downrange! I just can't believe my good luck, 450rds. in 2 days!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
All calibers seem to be showing up a little more often. . . . except for .22LR which I have not seen anywhere I have looked.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Get your wife and six adult friends to go shopping for ammo...:yup:

Reactions: AR15VSCoyote

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The sports department register opens at 7am and what-ever is in the case is gone by 815am. I guess the early`bird gets to go target shooting :tired:

Though it may be shipped a little at a time at least it is showing up, and WW is holding their prices within reason too; compared to other retailers.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
The sports department register opens at 7am and what-ever is in the case is gone by 815am. I guess the early`bird gets to go target shooting :tired:

Though it may be shipped a little at a time at least it is showing up, and WW is holding their prices within reason too; compared to other retailers.
You need to find a disgruntled semi-English fluent employee who works in the sporting goods section at night when they bring in the new stock who lets you buy as many boxes as you want if you pay in cash...or so I've heard :danceban:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
You need to find a disgruntled semi-English fluent employee who works in the sporting goods section at night when they bring in the new stock who lets you buy as many boxes as you want if you pay in cash...or so I've heard :danceban:
I was told the ammo is locked up in a cage,and until a manager shows up with a key in the morning they can't access it,or so I've heard which is why they probably stock the shelves around 7am

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I was told the ammo is locked up in a cage,and until a manager shows up with a key in the morning they can't access it,or so I've heard which is why they probably stock the shelves around 7am
The 24hr ones stock their shelves around 8-11pm on days they get deliveries.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
When I can walk into Wal-Mart, at any time of the day, and see multiple boxes of handgun ammo in various calibers including HP Win USA & Rem green box then the ammo shortage is easing.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
When I can walk into Wal-Mart, at any time of the day, and see multiple boxes of handgun ammo in various calibers including HP Win USA & Rem green box then the ammo shortage is easing.
Remington green box is something I haven't seen in awhile except at Academy, WWB seems to have gotten even dirtier and poorly QC'd than usual lately.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Well hopefully it will start showing up around here soon. Shelves still bare here.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The 24hr ones stock their shelves around 8-11pm on days they get deliveries.
If that is true, then apparently policy can vary by store. We get a truck every evening. If there is ammo on it, the ammo is locked in the back until the following morning. Nobody staffs sporting goods after about ten at night and the keys to the display cases are locked up also.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We have 4 Wal Marts where I live and it's the same story at all.....ammo comes out at 7am and is gone by 7:15-7:30am......and you'd better be in line by 4:30-5am if you want any! Shelves are bare the rest of the time except for a few oddball rounds!

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
If that is true, then apparently policy can vary by store. We get a truck every evening. If there is ammo on it, the ammo is locked in the back until the following morning. Nobody staffs sporting goods after about ten at night and the keys to the display cases are locked up also.
I guess your store isn't disgruntled enough!! You must need another customer to crap on the floor!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Well, I'm glad you can find ammo. There sure as hell isn't any around here. All the WallyWorlds are bare shelves in the ammo section. Kinda odd don't you agree. How some stores seem to get all the ammo they want and others can't or won't get any. I really wish that WalMart was only able to buy diesel fuel in certain areas, and then limited to only three gallons per person. Lots of those trucks would be parked and the shoe would be on the other foot. The corporate guys would scream and wring their hands. I would really like to see that. Just my ammo rant for today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have 4 Wal Marts where I live and it's the same story at all.....ammo comes out at 7am and is gone by 7:15-7:30am......and you'd better be in line by 4:30-5am if you want any! Shelves are bare the rest of the time except for a few oddball rounds!
This.

Guess I need to buy a .17HMR if I want to shoot anything...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I found 2 boxes of .22 shorts, and some 5.56 green tips...other than that, it's pretty scarce here too..

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've been able to buy 45 and 40 at any time of the day in the Walmart where I'm working this summer, but there's no 22 or 9 to be had. They've got 100rd packs of 223 pretty regularly as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts