Defensive Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
.......................I figure the prices have gone up, but I don't know if I believe it is that much.
Check some of the reloading suppliers. You might be surprised how few components are available and what they want for them. Reloading is worthless w/o components and especially w/o affordable components.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No ammo available, no reloading supplies, and even the firearms are almost all gone . . . any available ammo is going up in price, and most if not all gun shows are shut down due to the virus. Hmmmmm . . .:unsure: Hopefully you stocked up a few years back.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Went to the LGS yesterday. Picked up a box of 9mm training ammo.$15. Not horrible. Limit 10 boxes. They had some defensive ammo too. Nothing for the .223/5.56. They had Creedmore and some 7.62 and a host of other rifle calibers. They had .40 and .45 also.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
No ammo available, no reloading supplies, and even the firearms are almost all gone . . . any available ammo is going up in price, and most if not all gun shows are shut down due to the virus. Hmmmmm . . .:unsure: Hopefully you stocked up a few years back.
We just had our semi-monthly gun show return in early July.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Whatever ammo you can find is getting a huge markup. 500 rds of xm193 for 180.00 before this crap now its 270.00

·
Registered
62 Posts
We just had our semi-monthly gun show return in early July.
Typically the W.A.C. holds shows about 12 times a year; now they are postponed till Mid-September at the earliest. To date they have all been cancelled since the COVID hit in Washington State.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What I don't understand is, if the ammo makers and gun manufacturers are going full speed, why doesn't anyone have ammo or guns to sell. Where does it go once it's manufactured? I mean, there should be something out there somewhere. But there's nothing except steel cased and self defense ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
What I don't understand is, if the ammo makers and gun manufacturers are going full speed, why doesn't anyone have ammo or guns to sell. Where does it go once it's manufactured? I mean, there should be something out there somewhere. But there's nothing except steel cased and self defense ammo.
The ammo should be going into my inventory, and I'm below my 5,000 minimum inventory limit for 9mm. Seriously though, the entire supply chain is impaired. Thanks to the environmentalists, there are no more lead smelters in the USA. Most of the lead smelters are in China. Many countries are mad at China over the whole China Virus pandemic killing off their populations. Unfortunately, Liberals and Democrats seem to be immune to the virus. The USA has implemented Tariffs on China imports. In addition, there like 3 million new first-time gun owners buying up inventory. As a result, what used to going full speed now for the ammo and gun makers is now just a crawl. They are limited by supply of inputs to there manufacturing processes. I exchanged email with Aguia regarding ammo. They said its supply curtailments that hurting them.

One

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
I wonder if the ammo manufacturers are just limiting the release of product so as to keep the prices high.
Artificial supply and demand?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Last ammo I bought was at Sportsmans Wherehouse back in December. I got 5 boxes, total 250 rnds, of Blazer Brass 9mm ammo for $10 per box. Guess I won't be seeing that again for some time.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
The old Cheaper Than Dirt (read that "Gouge Like Dirtbags") has boxes of 50 Sellier & Bellot FMJ for ONLY $50. Plus hefty shipping, of course. A real bargain. Heheh.

·
Premium Member
4,138 Posts
Haven't looked and don't need to look. As an "old gun owner" someone above referred to, I am definitely NOT stocking up now. The time to stock up was when it was still at historical norms for supply and price. The last 9mm I purchased was Sellier & Bellot 115 Grain FMJ from Sportsman's Guide in March for 21 cents per round ($10.50 a box) with shipping included. Prior to that was a case of Federal American Eagle FMJ 115gr from Target Sports in January for 16.9 cpr ($8.45 a box) including shipping. I have enough to shoot a lot before even thinking about resupplying.

Reactions: mbschne

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
This has gotten ridiculous. I found Winchester.45 a.c.p. boxes of 100 available at Cabelas website for a decent price -- by the time I got all my info typed onto the page and hit order, they were sold out. Sheesh!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I get emails advertising 9mm @ 60¢ a round. By the time I get to the website, it's sold out. As long as folks keep paying that price, it will stay that high. There are probably thousands of new firearms owners out there that don't even realize how over priced ammo is right now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Component prices and raw material prices up also due to Covid19. I read several months back that lead mines in Missouri shut down for several weeks and copper mines overseas did the same. Also read on the interweb (so you know it must be true) Fiocchi in Springfield, Mo and other manufacturers cut production in the early days of Covid19 for a few weeks.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts