Defensive Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
If the Dems win, I think the main focus of legislation will be on scary rifles. I don’t anticipate a federal restriction on pistol ammo, but anything is possible. The state level is where any restrictions on pistol ammo will more likely occur, as CA has done.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
It’s interesting that, so far at least, .22lr has been available. Just got a 5000 round case of Aguila 38 gr JHPs at a good price from Target Sports USA.

Last ammo shortage, .22lr was impossible to find. Maybe all the new gun buyers have been told that .22 doesn’t work for self defense?

I’ve stopped shooting anything but .22lr for the time being, and once I depleted my 5.56, 12 gauge, .30-30, 9mm, .45, .357/.38 and .380...would have no reservation about using .22 for social purposes also...if I was still functioning myself!

What I really need is another 10/22 (a takedown version) to add to the SHTF stash...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I buy a case 1000 rounds at a time of FMJ ammo but I have an extra 100 rounds of my Gold Dot self defense ammo which I normally don’t shoot at the range. Is everyone trying to stock up on target ammo or self defense ammo?

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
And for those who reload... small pistol primers are scarcer than hens' teeth right now. I've got enough to see me through the end of this year, but that's not a comforting thought - I've been staying a full year ahead of my needs. I realized I needed to resupply a couple of weeks ago, but at that point it was already too late.

·
Premium Member
33,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just received what is probably the last reasonably-priced case of handgun ammo that I'll be seeing for a long time today.

I ordered it five days ago, and apparently got some of the last remaining stock. Look at current prices and availability. Shipping is a deal-killer with much of what is now listed:

Reactions: Bigsteve113

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
I probably screwed up over the weekend. When I found a vendor with five flats of 12ga 00, I only ordered one instead of all five.

Reactions: Bigsteve113

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have been using Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2020 - Guns Mags Reloading for several years to meet my bulk ammunition needs. Since the most recent buying panic began, I've watched the prices of bulk ammo go up while availability goes down. No surprises, but things now are as bad as they were in 2013, and worse than they were leading into the 2016 election. 9mm is scarce, and when available is more expensive than .45 acp., which is also more scarce than it has been. This being only July, I imagine the situation will only grow worse leading up to November, and as bad as they have ever been should the Dems score the trifecta many are anticipating.

Not being one prone to panic (I have plenty of ammo on hand), I would still recommend replenishing ammo supplies now for the long haul ahead.
Is the 9mm in the same warehouse they used for the toilet paper during March and April ?

I’ve been looking online and where you can get it it’s 40 cents or more per round. Ammoseek, etc. Almost every website shows back order with 2-6 months for restock.

What the heck is going on?

Anybody know of any decent deals of in stock ammo?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Is the 9mm in the same warehouse they used for the toilet paper during March and April ?

I’ve been looking online and where you can get it it’s 40 cents or more per round. Ammoseek, etc. Almost every website shows back order with 2-6 months for restock.

Anybody know of any decent deals of in stock ammo?
Decent deals .....

I think you found it.

Reactions: jttar and airslot

·
Super Moderator
18,325 Posts
I've used AmmoSeek for locating supplies of more off-the-wall calibers, even more recently. They've got sources on there for stuff like .455 Webley, .41 Long Colt, .38-40, 9mm Steyr, .405 Winchester, .351 Self-Loading and more.

Back in March I ordered out a case of 5000 cheap-o Remington .22 Long Rifle "Golden Bullets" from an AmmoSeek source even though I'm not so keen on them and despite having multiple .30 ammo boxes full of 500-rnd cartons of .22 Long rifle from as far back a the late 1990s when I was laying in for a possible Y2K Armageddon scenario. I think the case of Golden Bullets were about $210 shipped at the time.

Have ammunition and components for the more commonly seen cartridges so don't have a need for those.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Fear. Lots and lots of fear.

A lot of people are too trusting and reliant on goods being available when, where, and for a price they're willing spend. Once a few panic buyers start, the shelves soon clear, prices go up, and availability goes down. Nothing unexpected.

Many people even here on DC comment that they have a box or two of ammo and only buy when they're planning a range trip.

I'd much rather stock up when things are cheap and available, knowing a rush always happens, then takes several months or longer to self-correct. My biggest problem is the frequency of our moves makes keeping too large of a stash a problem too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts