Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to purchase a Ruger LCP for a pocket gun. I have a new in box, never fired, stainless AMT backup 380 I am wanting to trade toward the LCP. How much approximately do you think I can get for the AMT from a gun shop doing this? thanks

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Could not even begin to tell you

would bet That the gun shops I go to might give $75-100
might want to try and see if you could sell it outright and do a bit better.JMO

We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I wouldn't take less than $200 trade in for it. JMO

FYI, GunsAmerica has one for sale at $250.
MSRP is $450. yeah right!:nutkick:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You would be lucky to get $200 in trade for it. Heck you would be lucky to get $250 out of it for a out right sale. The AMT have been made by quite a few different companies over the years. I had one of the Irwindale CA 380'S and it was a jamb o matic and unfortunately for you most AMT's have this same reputation whether deserved or not!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You would be lucky to get $200 in trade for it. Heck you would be lucky to get $250 out of it for a out right sale. The AMT have been made by quite a few different companies over the years. I had one of the Irwindale CA 380'S and it was a jamb o matic and unfortunately for you most AMT's have this same reputation whether deserved or not!! Good luck!!
well i guess he wont be trying to sell it here now...bet he appreciates that...

·
Registered
88 Posts
AMT backup 380
Single action with the lever on the grip or the Double Action Only?
For prices on the single action you can also search OMC backup as well as AMT backup.

My S/A works with remingtom hollowpoints, ... I sold the DAO
---
LCP?
You should look at the Diamondback DB380, same size as the AMT/OMC backup, thinner, and a hundred pounds lighter and locked breech so it prefers +P and less felt recoil, and you can get your fingers on the grip better than most small 380s of that size

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm not up on the newer DA models but had two SA AMT BU's. One in .22LR and a .380. Both were the WORST weapons I ever owned. Neither would cycle a whole mag without jamming with every brand of ammo I fired though them. Tried new mags, polished the ramps and still did not run. Sold the .380 for $100.00 to a friend who knew it was a jammer and disabled the .22 that is now a paperweight.

I'd see if the pistol fires and functions before I sold a potential lemon to anyone.

If the gunshop owner knows his stuff I'd say he'd give you no more than $150.00 for it, if your lucky.

JMHO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the inputs. The gun is DA only. I bought it years ago new when Dicks Sporting Goods sold handguns for $100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts