Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
50,356 Posts
The Seller Pretty Much Nailed It.

When He Said: "What you see is what you get."

Yes, some did have problems. Does anybody remember what the exact function problems were?

I remember reading numerous Jam/Failure To Feed in actual gun tests.

I don't remember if they could be tuned to be reliable or not.
I always thought it COULD be a decent firearm if it could be tuned to function 100% ~ I remember that they had some reliability issues.

· Administrator
50,356 Posts
******* Repairs

Oh that's right...good memory. I remember that the Hardballer had galling problems also. Something about the same alloy & metal hardness for the slide & the frame.

· Administrator
50,356 Posts
Geesh

You guys are really making the neurons spark up in the ol' QKShooter brain.
That's right because I remember some of the gun platers back then experimenting with putting a coat of hard chrome on either the slide or the frame in order to prevent the galling.

Some of the Hardballer slides also had a cracking problem in the location of the ejection port...I think.

· Administrator
50,356 Posts
The Longslide Hardballer

I was two swats at a gnats a$$ away from buying a Longslide Hardballer. A nice used one in near mint condition. That was a long time ago...I probably should have bought it. The price was right & it WAS a neat handgun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.