Defensive Carry banner

AMT backup .45

3468 20
I looked at one of these this afternoon at the the gun shop and they are a interesting little .45. the DA trigger pull is about like trying to pull a full size truck up hill with 1 finger, and it looks kinda funny, but yet intriguing at the same time. It would have to kick like a mule, as it is quite light and short barreled.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43360665
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Never owned one , do own a .380 backup ( single action version ) from back when it was the equivilent of the p3at today , suppose the .45 is similar to every amt i ever saw in the sense that if ya get a good one they are fine, but many are single shots with handy storage lol

· Registered
5,133 Posts
shoot qk i suppose ya could tune a jennings to be relyable , but why would ya LOL amt's all galled like hell and had fairly short lifespans , its like having a custom llama imho LOL

· Registered
5,133 Posts
yea class mine is stamped omc and its not bad for what it is , it was a comfort on many a call for me anyway lol

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Yep qk , early smith 60s ( real early ) had the same issues till smith made some changes ( they did lead the development of ss weapons ) amt was just the first of the 1911 platform IIRC and went thro a lot of bankrupcys , and renames to " prove the concept " as well as management issues .. some were good , some were bad, i got a good one in .380 marked omc , i tried 3 hardballer longslides and gave up on them ( figgered 3 galling suckers , well the luck was not with me on a 1911 lol )

· Registered
5,133 Posts
yep bud , but amt et all were in recivership too much , i dont think they eaver got it figgered out to the point i would say " its a good gun buy it " there are good ones out there ( i know i still own one ) but many bad ones too and its a crapshoot to buy one just my opinion

· Registered
5,133 Posts
qk yes they did lol ( dont ask how i know cause glocks arnt the first ones to have kabooms )

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Mill thats good news , amt was out there on the cutting edge for its time as was detonics , amt had some rough times ( both from a technology and a bad management standpoint ) , and thro that put out some crappy handguns , they also built some good ones , as i stated i wouldnt reccomend one , but am not ready to give mine away yet lol

· Registered
5,133 Posts
qk i have a bud who has a good one , he wont sell , it took me 3 ones with issues ( including a kaboom ) to convince me that i really didnt want one , great shooters when they work tho lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.