Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you good people tell me about this pistol ? Thanks
J.H. Stay Safe :icon_neutral:

·
Banned
265 Posts
Is the smallest .45 i have ever seen or heard about! Even used are worth about $700 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
From all l have learned here, plus owning one . Mine appears to be one of the non jamming ones. Have owned it for more then 10 years. I suggest don't load more then 5 rounds at a time, Also i would use hardball only. Good Luck with it and enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
A friend of mine has one that he got intending to use as a backup, but it was not reliable.

Since we have to qualify with all weapons that we use, he tried to qualify with his but it didnt even make it through the course, jamming with every 3rd or 4th shot.

It was a neat little gun, but not one that he would stake his life on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They are still being produced by High Standard Arms. (Look them up on line.) I am certain that you can order a new pistol if one is desired.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Haven't owned one in .45, nor will in the future. Owned 2 of the old SA models. One in .22 and a .380. Both were jammomatics and were more dangerous if I would throw them as a weapon rather than pull the trigger. Sold the .380 for a big loss as I told the gent it was a POS. Still have the .22 as a memento (sp). Weren't too many made in .22 IMS's.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Mine was great, but fair warning, the trigger pull is stout. I regret letting it go.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Have several friends who have had them and all were unreliable....I could never convince myself to try one..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I was about to buy one about 15 years ago, but the trigger pull required a Jeep and a come-along!!!!!

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
What can you good people tell me about this pistol ? Thanks
J.H. Stay Safe :icon_neutral:
About all I could tell you is that I sure would like to have one. Certain factors may be in play here as to why I don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I range tested one many years ago. In an afternoon of use it functioned just fine with ball ammo, but was as close to uncontrollable as any pistol I've ever fired. It was neither fun or comfortable.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
Is the smallest .45 i have ever seen or heard about! Even used are worth about $700 bucks.
The Simmerling LM4 was even smaller.

Weighs 24 oz., 5.2 x 3.7 inches in size with a thickness of 1 inch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I carry mine daily, have shot many rounds thru it with 0 jams. Recoil is rough with heavy/hot loads, I shoot Low Recoil Fed Hydrashoks, and it is accurate enough and very controllable. The trigger is stout, as said above, but smooth on mine, I think 12lbs, but keep in mind that IS the safety. I love mine! Only gave $325 for it!

·
Administrator
143,706 Posts
Why don't they just micro-etch the entire Safety Manual right onto the slide and include a powerful magnifying glass with the pistol? :biggrin2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts