Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a little opinion piece from the Jan. 11th, 2010 edition of the Navy Times. I can't link it due to my email account but I quoted it and it can be located for those of you with a 'working' email server.....I do dislike 'puters sometimes
Weekly Print Edition - Search Navy Times

The Defense Department has made it illegal to carry a weapon on military installations, even for people who have a concealed carry permit. That's unconstitutional and wrong.

Maybe the Fort Hood tragedy will wake somebody up. If someone in the Fort Hood Soldier Readiness Center had been permitted to carry concealed, things might have been very diffrent.

But an institution that trusts an 18-year-old security forces guy with a weapon but can't trust a 32-year veteran with years of weapons training, a top secret clearance and a concealed weapon permit is probley better off with it's head in the sand.

Air Force Major Richard M. Gollner (ret.)

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I agree.

The problem is, the writer of the article has common sense. Getting yourself elected to political office doesn't require that common sense and is having common sense is often a disadvantage in a politician.

Biker

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
He is not 100% correct, the Defense Department (I assume he is talking about the Department of Defense) has not made it illegal to have a weapon on military installations.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
He is not 100% correct, the Defense Department (I assume he is talking about the Department of Defense) has not made it illegal to have a weapon on military installations.
You cannot carry a loaded weapon aboard a military installation for self defense unless it is part of you authorized duties.

And it was DoD. Who do you think the President is? (Commander in Chief and so ordered it by Executive Order)

·
Registered
541 Posts
i just dont think they will ever let people carry on military installations, whether you have a permit or not...

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
You cannot carry a loaded weapon aboard a military installation for self defense unless it is part of you authorized duties.

And it was DoD. Who do you think the President is? (Commander in Chief and so ordered it by Executive Order)
He did not state loaded weapon for self defense. If by definition of weapon he means firearm he is not 100% correct. There are many bases where you can have a loaded firearm. No, you can't roam around the base at will with a loaded firearm. But there are certainly bases where you can have a loaded firearm on base.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
He did not state loaded weapon for self defense. If by definition of weapon he means firearm he is not 100% correct. There are many bases where you can have a loaded firearm. No, you can't roam around the base at will with a loaded firearm. But there are certainly bases where you can have a loaded firearm on base.
Yes, while hunting or tgt shooting in approved areas or supervised ranges.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I was happily, and is greatly missed, stationed on Camp Pendelton, CA MCB.

We could bring our weapons on base. And there was even a full service gun shop in the Marine Corps Exchange right on Basilone road? I think that was it haha... I bought a Glock there once. Long sold it but still... They did not allow us to CC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts