Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a retired police Officer in Oklahoma, U.S.A. and have carried a concealed firearm most of my adult life. Upon leaving Law enforcement I obtained all required permits for concealed carry.

I fall into the majority of police officers and ex-police officers who have never felt threatened by the idea of a law abiding citizen carrying a concealed firearm in my presence.

I always thought a conscientious officer conducted himself with the presumption that people were likely armed and allowed the circumstances to dictate his response to that presumption.

I recently had the pleasure of guiding my oldest son through the permit process in our State.

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, but if you are an Iphone or Ipod user they have an App called CHL (Concealed Handgun License) that contains reciprocity information for all 50 states. I think it is free or at most a buck or two and pretty handy for travel. It can be found in their app store. I like it but I have no financial interest in it. This is offered as an informational rather than commercial notice.

I hope this suffices as a proper introduction to this forum.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
welcome from the panhandle of Texas

that definitely suffices

I always thought a conscientious officer conducted himself with the presumption that people were likely armed and allowed the circumstances to dictate his response to that presumption.
AGREED :congrats:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

I have in-laws in Broken Arrow, OK. :hand5:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks. Thanks for your service to society. Great tip about the app. I have been carrying a three ring binder with the various states guns laws. It is a pain.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey from Bama ( from a transplanted Okie )

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome aboard from NE New Jersey.
And thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts