Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Over the years I've had continually good luck with CZ-75 pistols. I bought mine in the '80's when the prices were quite a bit higher than today due to everyone wanting one, but import laws prohibiting their influx into the US. I have a few of the silly things and were I going with a DA/SA auto in 9mm or couldn't have a Hi Power, I'd probably go with the CZ-75, but that's a different story.

Here's one that's somewhat interesting.

A mid-80's CZ-75 as it came from the factory NIB and unfired to this day. I have a few others that I do shoot.

I doubt that this gun is particularly valuable, but it is somewhat unusual.

Here's why. The picture says it all. It was made in Switzerland. I think this was a gun that was made while CZ was in negotiations to have the gun made from behind the Iron Curtain. The deal fell through, but apparently some guns are marked like this one. I read about them now and again, but have never personally seen another like it.

The gun came in the original flimsy cardboard box with the usual not too inspiring test target from the factory. Fit and finish do not seem any better or worse on this one than my other Pre-B CZ75 pistols.

Best.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Interesting

Looks very nicely made also.
A collectible & rarer CZ....neat.:yup:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Awesome!

I love pre-B CZ-75's. I would love to get a hold of one someday.

·
Registered
344 Posts
SAC, that one does have some collector value,,,

Solothurn, as I'm sure your aware, went on to produce their own copy and imported it for awhile, and according to rumors is trying again to bring them in,, among the CZ fans it is considered to be the best build of any on the market,,,

I have look for years, for one of their DAO' versions

·
Registered
742 Posts
My friend Frank James had one for test and an article if I remember right. I shot it, sorta like my sons CZ he brought back from Germany.

Fit and finish were great, but it had some mechanical problem--do not remember what, may have been magazine related.

Looks neat Stephen!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts