1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Some people...nevermind!!!

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
WOW, how do we practice this. LOL. Glad hes ok.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I wonder what charges the state of California are considering filing?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Gotta be some hearing damage there. I carry one of those little hammers that shatter glass readily available in my car. Don't know if I would use my gun to break windows... unless it was Microsoft Windows. (sorry)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thougt I'd only see that in a movie, glad he's OK anyway

·
Registered
606 Posts
you can buy some mtechs for about 10 bucks with seatbelt cutters, and glass breakers a pistol might be overkill.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hmmm, need to start designing an IDPA stage for the next match I run... :blink:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Not to pile on the poor guy, and I applaud his quick thinking, but I'm wondering if anyone who can be "startled by a cell phone" into driving off the road is of the right temperment to be an "armed security guard," or an armed anything, for that matter?!?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last week on Wensday Night at the Range,,, Tom Jarrett did a segment on firing from the inside of a car, drivers window with the windows up. Into two man targets, Car in the water,, Mythbusters did a show on it,, Hard to break a window in a submerged car,,

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Hmmm, need to start designing an IDPA stage for the next match I run... :blink:
I have a swimming pool.

Maybe I'll start practicing for the next match.

Biker

·
8,501 Posts
I wonder how the guys hearing is after shooting himself out of a car.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That was fast thinking. People die around here by running off the road into the canals. Just another reason for people to get their ccw permits. Just kidding but not a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Not to say it is the prefered tool for the job, but hey, use the tools that are available to survive. Maybe he will expand his toolkit now.

Quick thinking saved his life.

·
Registered
45 Posts
how stupid is this guy they interviewed(the witness) " I hear a gun shot and see a guy coming out with a handgun and I think wow thats odd who carrys a gun in there car these days" WOW how stupid is that. I know more people that DO carry a gun in the car than those who dont....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
hmmm... startled by a cell phone hands free device... ooooooh kay

My first thought would be to grab my knife and hit the window with the top.

He is lucky not to be seriously hurt... wonder if he has hearing damage now?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hearing damage sure beats the alternative. I had thought about that while running drills in my mind. Wondered how it would work, I guess now I know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
this happended here in sacramento

having worked as a security guard for a while on of the major rules is you don't wear anything that the company did not issue on your belt. (normally you can get away with a flashlight if they don't issue you one)

If you are upside down under water you will use the most effective tool you can reach as quickly as possible to break the window. This guy was resourceful in thinking gun. As I probably would think knife or asp first but what he did was effective.

There is no substitute for quick thinking and improvisation.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
if i were to guess i would say the guy wasnt carrying a knife or asp...resourceful is the word i would use...choice...hearing damage or potential drowning...seems like a no brainer to me...

i was wondering if he tried to shatter the glass with the muzzle first or just came out guns a blazin...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts