Defensive Carry banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
We're happy to have them! Keep them coming.
saa.

Just watch till at least 1:25 to fully understand this here subliminal message

pay attention here Emanuel's & Cuomo`s & Bloomberg`s & Hickenlooper`s
That's classic! What a perfect analogy, Texas style!
saa.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to make the move. My company has offices in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and other than actually moving the house and family, and of course community ties, there is nothing stopping me.

Nebraska is not bad in terms of conservatism, but IMO the government is too afraid to take bold steps when necessary. They always wait for other states to make the move, then watch for a while. IMO, with this administration especially, waiting and watching is a dangerous game.
Find an area or city that you like and start talking to them. Talk is cheap. You may be surprised at the incentives you can get, tax breaks, and they might even hlep with the move. For example, if you need to be close to trucking routes, a place like Corsicana might be just the ticket. Dr Pepper and a host of other majors think so. They are only one example of business friendly towns in Texas.

Texas knows how to attract and keep business large and small, especially the DFW area (I know Breckinridge is further west but it's close enough for gov't work). Ohio is OK, but where I live, Dayton, it totally sucks. They have no clue how to attract and keep business/companies. They want to tax tax tax...it's nuts...seemingly no incentives whatsoever. But Texas...you guys are rocking it!

We welcome you to the COME AND TAKE STATE!!!!!!

I live very close to Camby Oregon were Colt Competition has their manufacturing facility. The city of Camby wanted Colt Competition to expand here in Camby but it was going to take over 1.5 years and several permits with fees of coarse for it to happen. Texas contacted Colt Competition and told them there would be no wait time and permits were not an issue. Hell the state of Texas even sold them the building in which they will open the new facility, Go Texas! They still produce AR's in Camby and will continue to do so, they're not moving only expanding due to the fact that business is good right now thanks to President Obama and his liberal friends. They are the best salespeople an AR company could have right now.

Have a hard time believing Ky isnt pressing harder for some of these companys. Or maybe they are. Ky is actually more gun friendly that Tx. And at least before Ky practically gave Georgetown to Toyota to get that auto plant. Have to wait and see I guess.

Glad to have another company moving to the great state of Texas. Montana is a great state too. Home to some gun mfgs. already. Shiloh Sharps is in Big Timber. The country is beautiful. I am just not tough enough to endure the winters. Great people there. Hope they land some of the fallout from back East also.

employment applications are already available at the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce.
Job application at Colt? Sign me up!

On a more serious note, it is sickening to see these manufacturing moves, and see Detroit in shambles. Millions of square feet of manufacturing space, machines, tools, experience, but somehow the union run city and state can't seem to figure it out.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.