Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticing an absence of news on Covid-19?

Our local TV station's website has been inundated with hype and fear over the Covid virus for months now. But suddenly there are only 3 articles on the website. Everything else is about either the Floyd or Arbery killings and all the riots and unrest. Two of the Covid articles are on how to get social help or food.

I guess it is like rock/paper/scissors. Rioting and anarchy Trumps (pun intended) sickness and death.

Anyone else seeing this?

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Anyone else noticing an absence of news on Covid-19?

Our local TV station's website has been inundated with hype and fear over the Covid virus for months now. But suddenly there are only 3 articles on the website. Everything else is about either the Floyd or Arbery killings and all the riots and unrest. Two of the Covid articles are on how to get social help or food.

I guess it is like rock/paper/scissors. Rioting and anarchy Trumps (pun intended) sickness and death.

Anyone else seeing this?
They're not presenting anything of value about defeating CV-19 so I don't watch it. Only statistics and how terrible it is for people not social distancing or not wearing masks. I'm not watching the rioting either.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
What covid 19 virus?

Reactions: OD*, MMinSC and PEF

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
I think it is all election-driven. The liberals and their MSM have not succeeded in getting anything solid to stick to Trump. I am not saying he's done everything right, but they just haven't gotten much popular traction against him and now they are sounding like a broken record. They have lost credibility trying to put him down personally.

They also haven't been able to cover up all the problems with Biden. Yet despite all his issues, his polling keeps going up. I think they are worried they won't be able to dump him at the convention and he will actually be the guy. But they know Trump will destroy him in the debates, the Trump campaign is just storing up op research evidence against him and holding on to it, to be unleashed at the right time and a reverse from 2016, Trump has a lot more campaign money this time.

I think they are running scared and trying the last ditch, worst case strategy. That is, just convince people that things are bad, really bad, all over. Everything sucks. Lower public confidence as much as you can. Make people think a senile groper is a better choice than what they have now.

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Too much truth coming out about the virus response - time for a new diversionary crisis to keep the sheeple occupied.
What "truth?" I see a dozen versions of "the truth," all backed by so-called experts. It is all over the place. Any view you personally want to take, you can find evidence for it. Any view you don't like, you can find evidence against it. So whatever you want to believe, you can. I don't see any clear "truth," just a lot of opinions and theories.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The 'Rona is passé.

After all, if congregating is illegal, then rioting is banned too, not just church. We'll see how the balance of enforcement and prosecution goes tomorrow (Sunday).

·
Administrator
143,376 Posts
I agree that it's going to be a
long hot summer.
This rioting for free stuff is not going to end since now it is common knowledge that all that needs to be done is to go out in enough numbers to overwhelm the system.
And just like magic there is a whole brand new purpose for the COVID 19 masks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think it is all election-driven. The liberals and their MSM have not succeeded in getting anything solid to stick to Trump. I am not saying he's done everything right, but they just haven't gotten much popular traction against him and now they are sounding like a broken record. They have lost credibility trying to put him down personally.

They also haven't been able to cover up all the problems with Biden. Yet despite all his issues, his polling keeps going up. I think they are worried they won't be able to dump him at the convention and he will actually be the guy. But they know Trump will destroy him in the debates, the Trump campaign is just storing up op research evidence against him and holding on to it, to be unleashed at the right time and a reverse from 2016, Trump has a lot more campaign money this time.

I think they are running scared and trying the last ditch, worst case strategy. That is, just convince people that things are bad, really bad, all over. Everything sucks. Lower public confidence as much as you can. Make people think a senile groper is a better choice than what they have now.
You are assuming Trump will go to debates.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
And just ike that the Covid-19 virus is old news.
Not so fast...

Once the current protests/violence simmer down, our old enemy C19 will be right back in the headlines.

It's not going away like magic. It'll be a problem for months if not years into the future.

·
Registered
961 Posts
There's a new crisis developing. They'll get back to it.
Surely it didn't stop being news in my ICU, now rapidly crossing 50% COVID again.
What does 50% add up to ? 4 last month, 8 this month. 500 last month, 1000 this month ?

A local fish processing plant in the next county up had to shut down after 24 employees tested positive after exposure to one case. Two week quarantine, no hospitalizations, contact tracing and no further news about it. Everybody just went back to work after a two week shut down. It's been two weeks now and nothing further to report except fear.

·
Registered
815 Posts

Yep they're scared! But just having more money isn't a magic bullet (lord did I really use that on this forum? no pun intended.) though.
I just hope/pray that the forces pushing this latest violence, don't put polling places on fire. Or more likely the con men/hucksters/politicians will use these type of stunts as an excuse to do Mail In Voting.

Remember Mail In Voting is different than Absentee Voting. Absentee Voting requires a request, which by nature limits abuses (but doesn't eliminate them for sure). Mail In Voting has the Ballots mailed to EVERYONE. The logistics end up having Ballots mailed to incorrect addresses, people, etc... let alone who intercepts, obtains or manipulates them. At some point I'd wager it will morph into a Ballot being mailed to EVERY ADDRESS, not even just registered voters anymore.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts