Defensive Carry banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Oh the 'rona hasn't left yet. One of my employees had to go into quarantine and he was VERY ill. One of my clients had her office closed after she tested positive and is now in quarantine though she's asymptomatic. Unfortunately I'd been in that office the morning before it was closed for the afternoon so I may be getting the test soon. Every time I feel the urge to cough I wonder if this is it :p

Everything isn't politics and a virus is a blind idiot with no way to move itself unless the clueless do the work for it. And from the news I've seen we're likely to have an impressive spike in the coming weeks

Oh BTW, Trump hid in the basement while the lights were turned off at the White House. That doesn't look good
We hear how there would be a spike from churches being opened on Easter Sunday but that never happened.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oh the 'rona hasn't left yet. One of my employees had to go into quarantine and he was VERY ill. One of my clients had her office closed after she tested positive and is now in quarantine though she's asymptomatic. Unfortunately I'd been in that office the morning before it was closed for the afternoon so I may be getting the test soon. Every time I feel the urge to cough I wonder if this is it :p

Everything isn't politics and a virus is a blind idiot with no way to move itself unless the clueless do the work for it. And from the news I've seen we're likely to have an impressive spike in the coming weeks

Oh BTW, Trump hid in the basement while the lights were turned off at the White House. That doesn't look good
I never implied that it Covid-19 virus wasn't real or had gone away. My OP was noting how fast it dropped out of the news taking a backseat to the "protesters".

As for Trump; he wasn't hiding in the basement. It is SOP to move the President into the underground bunker anytime there is a reasonable threat. Ir was that way for which ever president that you like too. There is no Trump hiding in the basement story here.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
That's a ridiculous statement. Trump didn't "hide in the basement", he did what the Secret Service asked him to do because it's their responsibility to protect the President. They were there with him the entire time.

ETA: mkh...just saw your post directly above stating pretty much the same thing. Isn't it amazing what people will find fault with, no matter how petty.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am not sure this is true. FL has "mail in ballots" but after you have asked for one.
Remember election "cheating' can be done by both sides.
Mail in Ballots being provided when you ask for them is an Absentee Ballot. Much different than what California is planning for Mail in Ballots, which is to send them to ALL registered voters.

And yes any ballot not cast in person is more more prone to tampering. The opportunities for meddling, the MSM/Politicians just love that word don't they, are just so much greater with the system the "Mail In Ballots" crowd are currently pushing.
But without valid voter ID in person ballots can be usurped.

As for cheating, except for the Ballot Harvesting in NC, which is a way of life in California?!, I don't remember hearing of any GOP led shenanigans.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mail in Ballots being provided when you ask for them is an Absentee Ballot. Much different than what California is planning for Mail in Ballots, which is to send them to ALL registered voters.

And yes any ballot not cast in person is more more prone to tampering. The opportunities for meddling, the MSM/Politicians just love that word don't they, are just so much greater with the system the "Mail In Ballots" crowd are currently pushing.
But without valid voter ID in person ballots can be usurped.
Mailing ballots blindly to all registered voters, just like door-to-door ballot harvesting are solutions to a problem that doesn't exist. Both are ripe for fraud.

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
Oregon has vote by mail. When George Bush was running against John Kerry, I volunteered at the Republican Headquarters. They got daily updates from the counties on who had voted. We got a list of Republicans who had not returned their ballots and were tasked with calling them. I had numerous responses from a spouse who pleaded with me to take their dead spouse's name off of the ballot list and quit calling them every year. They had been getting the ballots for years.

I visited elder care and nursing homes to check on non-returned ballots. I was told many times that a relative was taking care of it for them.

Some people don't have a landline phone and list their cell phones. I contacted people who had moved to another state and someone had forwarded their ballot to them.

Vote by mail is a huge mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I keep wondering how mankind survived the bubonic plague.....

Reactions: msgt/ret and mkh

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
They know they have enough material right now....But when the election rolls around i bet a second wave of the virus will
surface...Rather real or not....They have been setting up the second wave story for months now.

·
Registered
33,974 Posts
I keep wondering how mankind survived the bubonic plague.....
The strong survived and the plague died off for the most part.

Got the sinus swab today for CV. Both the wife and I thought it was a real reach to call it "uncomfortable." Three plus hours later we both have a sinus ache. It burned and I thought the woman was going to poke a hole in the back of my skull with the swab. Kind of like when the dentist says, "You're gonna feel a little pinch," as he shoves the Novocain needle three inches into your gum.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
The strong survived and the plague died off for the most part.

Got the sinus swab today for CV. Both the wife and I thought it was a real reach to call it "uncomfortable." Three plus hours later we both have a sinus ache. It burned and I thought the woman was going to poke a hole in the back of my skull with the swab. Kind of like when the dentist says, "You're gonna feel a little pinch," as he shoves the Novocain needle three inches into your gum.
A comedian once said that he wondered when the dentist's needle was going to pop out the back of his head. Anyway, I haven't the need to get the swab done. Besides they had limited quantities for the test so only those experiencing "issues" were allowed to be tested.

·
Registered
33,974 Posts
A comedian once said that he wondered when the dentist's needle was going to pop out the back of his head. Anyway, I haven't the need to get the swab done. Besides they had limited quantities for the test so only those experiencing "issues" were allowed to be tested.
They were restricting the tests to those with symptoms previously but opened it up to anyone recently. We thought it wouldn't hurt to get tested before seeing the daughter and grand kids. Besides, more testing--bigger numbers.

Reactions: NECCdude

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
If any of you haven't seen "Wag the Dog," I highly recommend it.
I've seen part of it but didn't watch the whole movie because I didn't like what I did see. Too bizarre for me.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Referring to the title of this thread, I am amazed that I have seen NOTHING ABOUT THE Pandemic on cable news since George Floyd's death.
That's the way they are because they are really entertainment and not true journalists.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The C19 hasn't gone away.

My bet is that we'll see a spike in cases in coming weeks as a result of the reopening combined with all these protesters in close contact with one another.

We'll see...

41 - 55 of 55 Posts