Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Regardless of what he said, it’s nothing worse than the ACTIONS that groups like antifa have already demonstrated.

And ironically, this is much more of a direct attack on 1A rights than 2A, and the ones such as the press who have as much stale in it as anyone, seem to marching right in to their own demise by their coverage of these occurrences.

One day, they will wake up and understand that they have been their own worst enemy.

This is roght out of the Minority Report movie script.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Sounds like they should shut down this forum. What you post could very well be misunderstood or get a negative spin resulting in a "red flag". Yep, freedom of speech is on its way out along with the 2A. There needs to be court challenges to red flag laws and there probably will be - as long as the money holds out (insurance policies to defend against red flag laws?).

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm no fan of Antifa or Red Flag Laws.

But this guy got what he deserved. He made threats and this is what he got. The quote and especially the bolded is what got him

“If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.”

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

But this guy got what he deserved. He made threats and this is what he got. The quote and especially the bolded is what got him
So those words are good enough for you to have someone take your rights away? I guess I do not get that thinking...its just WORDS. Maybe saying things will get you noticed and checked out but, taking your right to self defense? He was referring to self defense and not talking about starting something unprovoked.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts

Please. Theres a big difference between being a blowhard and making a credible threat. This was not a credible threat.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Please. Theres a big difference between being a blowhard and making a credible threat. This was not a credible threat.
I would like to agree with you, but considering this fellow's emotional/medical diagnoses, peeling credibility out of it is really tough. Almost every mass shooter in the last two or three years was carrying some kind of medical emotional diagnosis and on meds. This man would be even worse if he is not on meds.

·
Premium Member
33,903 Posts
You pretty much nailed it in one right there. Neither specific, actual nor credible. It was a hypothetical response to a hypothetical threat.

·
Registered
940 Posts
...However, the fact remains that the Antifa get to anonymously destroy private and public property, and intimidate people who disagree with their modes and methods, and nobody, least of all law enforcement, seems to want to do anything about it.

Somehow, somewhere, there have to be a whole lot of felony laws that masked Antifa are breaking, probably merely by wearing masks, as well as by destroying and intimidating.
But they're getting a pass, probably because "trying to stop them might cause a riot." Well, what do you think they're doing right now? Being peaceful?

Either stop them and arrest them, or we seem as if we're condoning their behavior.
And then we "red flag" someone who wants to put them on notice?
What a society of PC wusses we're turning out to be!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Sure are a lot of old (join date) members with low post counts that have resurfaced lately and they have some pretty liberal views. They are actually OK with RF laws?

Maybe trying to push us in the direction to accept RF laws? :scratchchin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sure are a lot of old (join date) members with low post counts that have resurfaced lately and they have some pretty liberal views. They are actually OK with RF laws?

Greetings from a member who joined in 2014 still with a low post count. I suspect that you do not refer to my posts as above.....plus I am pretty sure I have made my views about the Red Flag laws clear. They are dangerous since those who put them into play might well do so with a political reason. On the other hand I have serious concerns about people who are arms enthusiasts, mentally ill...on meds or off...who talk about slaughtering other people or otherwise destroying them. Writing a "manifesto" seems to me to be a give away for people like this. The reason this thread came up is that a young man, a vet, with bipolar disorder and PTSD, wrote a letter to a legislator and made it otherwise known that he "had a plan to slaughter" a group of people. The fact that his target group seems to be particularly nasty is not relevant at this point. He fits the profile of other people who have killed a lot of people. He was placed in a mental facility for 20 days. Would you...yes you...really trust him out on the street, let alone with firearms?

·
Premium Member
33,903 Posts

Says the old member with a low post count...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Most of you people are forgetting one VERY important item; This is The Peoples Republik or Orygun. PTSD by itself in this state will get your firearms taken. Antifa is a protected species. If "Kate" wants something done, her and her cronies will get it done. It does not matter if it is legal or not. That is why there is a recall drive going on right now. BUT MOST IMPORTANT I only have 9 more months and I am out of this crap hole.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Greetings from a member who joined in 2014 still with a low post count. I suspect that you do not refer to my posts as above.....plus I am pretty sure I have made my views about the Red Flag laws clear. They are dangerous since those who put them into play might well do so with a political reason. On the other hand I have serious concerns about people who are arms enthusiasts, mentally ill...on meds or off...who talk about slaughtering other people or otherwise destroying them. Writing a "manifesto" seems to me to be a give away for people like this. The reason this thread came up is that a young man, a vet, with bipolar disorder and PTSD, wrote a letter to a legislator and made it otherwise known that he "had a plan to slaughter" a group of people. The fact that his target group seems to be particularly nasty is not relevant at this point. He fits the profile of other people who have killed a lot of people. He was placed in a mental facility for 20 days. Would you...yes you...really trust him out on the street, let alone with firearms?
Until someone actually breaks a law I don't agree with taking away their constitutional rights. So yes I trust him "out on the street"

·
Premium Member
33,903 Posts
You think I'm an old member with a low post count?
Four years? Yup, you are a senior citizen.

Everyone except QK Shooter, Old Vet, Retsup and me have low post counts.

Reactions: M1911A1
21 - 40 of 40 Posts