Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Community Organizer just made a set of remarks about the Trayvon Martin case today. I guess he needed to fan the flames just a little bit, or start his rollout for whatever he's got planned next...

Obama speaks out on Zimmerman verdict - CNN.com

He once again started pointing the finger at the Stand Your Ground laws that keep the criminals mindful of the potential hazards of their chosen profession.

The president said Americans are aware of the "history of racial disparity in our criminal laws" and said the government should review some state and local legislation, such as Florida's "stand your ground" law, saying they may promote rather than discourage violent confrontations.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It's obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about or is purposefully misinforming the citizens of the US with statements like that. The SYG laws can be used by anyone as circumstances permit. It isn't prejudiced against skin color.

·
Registered
42,098 Posts
I am so fed up with all of this.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about or is purposefully misinforming the citizens of the US with statements like that. The SYG laws can be used by anyone as circumstances permit. It isn't prejudiced against skin color.
Oh, I guarantee you there's absolutely no chance that anything he, or his administration, is doing is anything but 100% purposeful. He's an educated man and an attorney, so he, better than most, could see the facts of this case and draw the realistic conclusions that so many other have. The fact that he, and Holder, are stoking the flames is completely political and motivated by the fact that they can energize their base around something that will achieve their goal of disarming the American people.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Someone needs to remind him that Assault & Battery is illegal in every state.....only some allow you to defend yourself......color has no bearing here....IMO.

·
Registered
357 Posts
WOW.....the COMMENTS section on that site is going through the roof.....mostly against what Obama said.....

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Dopey dope dope dope.

If he were a baseball player he would be "Clueless" Joe Jackson....

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Oh, I guarantee you there's absolutely no chance that anything he, or his administration, is doing is anything but 100% purposeful. He's an educated man and an attorney, so he, better than most, could see the facts of this case and draw the realistic conclusions that so many other have. The fact that he, and Holder, are stoking the flames is completely political and motivated by the fact that they can energize their base around something that will achieve their goal of disarming the American people.
Yep, and if Z was black or T was... whatever it is that Z is, :dunno: then this would have all blended in with every other violent encounter resulting in a fatality and Prez O and Holder would have nothing to stoke. The emphasis placed on race in this case is just astounding, especially when it had no weight in this case, nor did SYG. I really wish that these people can just move on. It was tragic yes, but it would be really nice if all the spewing and frothing at the mouth were done regarding something relevant.

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Premium Member
36,951 Posts
He has often said things I adamantly disagree with, but in this particular situation, he did OK, in my view. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, all the same.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The president said ... the government should review some state and local legislation, such as Florida's "stand your ground" law, saying they may promote rather than discourage violent confrontations.
Yes, in a country of 312M people, there are a few who will stretch the statutes to the point of breaking. And in those few felonious cases, it can be shown that deliberate causation of a situation (ie, the recent felon who after being caught in resisted in an armed robbery subsequently claimed SYG and every right to murder the person seeking to stop his felony robbery).

And then there are the rest of us, in which the responsibility to prove accusations is laid upon the heads of the accusers, with a presumption of innocence. Which, BTW, should be the case anyway. This is, after all, still America.

SYG: Basically, a person has every right to resist deadly felonious behavior no matter the cost to the BG, even if it kills him, with such actions presumed righteous unless proven otherwise. Those who claim it's a "shoot first / ask questions later" cover for murderers haven't thought very deeply on the subject.

Sad, that a politician needs so badly to feel good, to feel like something is being done, even though the steps to be pursued will almost surely entail tearing at the fabric of the Constitution.

·
Premium Member
36,951 Posts
Sixteen thousand comments on the Yahoo news report. Wow.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Any other black threatening not to go to Florida.............just don't want to miss anything......and if they don't like the Florida State Statutes, maybe they shouldn't be carrying a fist around everywhere they go.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.