Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are not using that technique here in Utah yet, but there has been at least one person I know of who has been cited for not self-quarantining since the outbreak began.

Ankle monitors ordered for Louisville, Kentucky residents exposed to Covid-19 who refuse to stay home

(CNN)Kentucky is taking severe measures to ensure residents exposed to the coronavirus stay at home. Louisville residents who have been in contact with coronavirus patients but refuse to isolate themselves are being made to wear ankle bracelets.

A judge has ordered one resident to stay at home after refusing to self-quarantine. CNN affiliate WDRB reports that the person, identified as D.L. in the court order, is living with "someone who has tested positive for the illness and another person who is a presumptive case," according to an affidavit from Dr. Sarah Moyer, director of the health department.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/kentucky-coronavirus-residents-ankle-monitors-trnd/index.html

Reactions: matthew03

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
That is mild compared to what I would "order" if I were the judge. People who deliberately/blatantly expose others to serious illness should be physically locked up (preferably in a SMALL room with a tiny door through which to slide dishes of food) - not just have bracelets on their ankles.

We need to get past this mess, and that will not happen when people keep spreading it!

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
That is mild compared to what I would "order" if I were the judge. People who deliberately/blatantly expose others to serious illness should be physically locked up (preferably in a SMALL room with a tiny door through which to slide dishes of food) - not just have bracelets on their ankles.
Would this happen before or after castration?

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Last week some young neighbors had a big party with 20 cars parked on the street, and yesterday about 10 individuals were out on the driveway for a beer party...pretty hard to fix stupid.

·
Registered
890 Posts
For the most part we are a selfish people; stubborn, thickheaded and foolish. True wisdom and high levels of character are rare among the people. We want our freedom but do not live as the founders of this Republic warned we must.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/99-02-02-3102

and yet we can't even speak of religion on a defensive forum because of the havoc it would incite.......it's a sad mess we find ourselves in. So messy that without a proper understanding of the things religion is based upon, we will never come out of it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Last week some young neighbors had a big party with 20 cars parked on the street, and yesterday about 10 individuals were out on the driveway for a beer party...pretty hard to fix stupid.
We saw something similar last evening on our walk, but it was older folks in a cul-de-sac. And they were lining both sides of the street in camp chairs, and were pretty spread out. They seemed to be doing it right.

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
We saw something similar last evening on our walk, but it was older folks in a cul-de-sac. And they were lining both sides of the street in camp chairs, and were pretty spread out. They seemed to be doing it right.
That sounds very much like what I read earlier today: The neighborhood where, at 3 PM each day, everyone including adults and kids comes out to their driveway and someone plays music and they have a dance party! Sharing social time and keeping safe distance......the way it should be done!

Here is the thread: https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/off-topic-humor-discussion/472472-dancin-streets.html

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
There was an incident here yesterday where some dumb young lady posted on Facebook how she had been tested and hadn't received results yet, But she went downtown anyhow. Someone recognized her and called LE, who kept their distance as best they could and took her to jail. She also is confined at home now with a bracelet.

I think a .45 and a shovel would have been appropriate, as surely no one would miss her.

·
Registered
799 Posts
So, we don't have a sufficient supply of ventilators for hospitals caring for corona virus patients, but some judge thinks there are enough ankle monitors to order for a bunch of bozos to make them stay at home?

A little reality therapy is about to happen somewhere.

Seriously, this reminds me of someone's suggestion for hiring half the laid-off and unemployed workers to process the new unemployment claims from those unable to work due to the corona virus. I'm sure that Bernie and AOC would think that solves the problem, but I doubt that any thinking person would agree.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
So, we don't have a sufficient supply of ventilators for hospitals caring for corona virus patients, but some judge thinks there are enough ankle monitors to order for a bunch of bozos to make them stay at home?

A little reality therapy is about to happen somewhere.

Seriously, this reminds me of someone's suggestion for hiring half the laid-off and unemployed workers to process the new unemployment claims from those unable to work due to the corona virus. I'm sure that Bernie and AOC would think that solves the problem, but I doubt that any thinking person would agree.
Oh there are plenty of ankle monitors to go around believe me. Oh wait..... "retired badge" you know ankle monitors are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I'm beginning to believe ANTIFA is right, ya'll are a bunch of Fascists!

Castration? .45 and a shovel? Small jail cell? Have you all lost your damn minds? Do you want a Virus Red Flag Law? Arrest someone because they coughed in your general direction? Is this the country you want to live in? Because this is a very slippery slope you're advocating for.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
We have that going on two doors down, posted about it. Still seeing her and the kids (older ones on bikes) all over the neighborhood. The parents are having parties, it’s loud. She is leaving us alone now, hate it when I have to be so firm with folks (ie: a horses behind) but her head was too thick to “get it”....bless her heart. The other parents are just as much to blame.

Very inconsiderate people.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Castration? .45 and a shovel? Small jail cell? Have you all lost your damn minds? Do you want a Virus Red Flag Law? Arrest someone because they coughed in your general direction? Is this the country you want to live in? Because this is a very slippery slope you're advocating for.
Did you bother to read the article??

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oh there are plenty of ankle monitors to go around believe me. Oh wait..... "retired badge" you know ankle monitors are a dime a dozen.
I may be missing something here. Perhaps a little additional explanation would help me understand this post. Assistance appreciated.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I think Hank jr said it best "If they are proven guilty then they would SWING Quickly" ; )
H/D

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
For the most part we are a selfish people; stubborn, thickheaded and foolish. True wisdom and high levels of character are rare among the people. We want our freedom but do not live as the founders of this Republic warned we must.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/99-02-02-3102

and yet we can't even speak of religion on a defensive forum because of the havoc it would incite.......it's a sad mess we find ourselves in. So messy that without a proper understanding of the things religion is based upon, we will never come out of it.
Well said Sir.

·
Registered
8,071 Posts

Fascists? They were wussies. Not good enough for me. I'm old, old school. I would go all Leviticus 13:44-45 on their butts:

“The man is diseased; he is unclean. He must be pronounced unclean because of the infection. He shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean.'" The penalty for infraction would be to have righteous people stone him to death on the spot.

It's called moral values, dad gummit... :sheildsmile:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts