Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Moral values do not flow evenly amongst the world and the people in it. Folks are either wise or a fool, it says so right there! :yup:
Ecclesiastes 10:2
2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
@Sister: So how do you account for the fact that unless you are one of the very rare people with dextrocardia, more of your heart is on the left hand side of your chest than the right?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Fascists? They were wussies. Not good enough for me. I'm old, old school. I would go all Leviticus 13:44-45 on their butts:

“The man is diseased; he is unclean. He must be pronounced unclean because of the infection. He shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean.'" The penalty for infraction would be to have righteous people stone him to death on the spot.

It's called moral values, dad gummit... :sheildsmile:
Well we're a Republic not a Theocracy and I'm old school American and I'd go all US Constitution on the fascists and quote Article II, the 1st, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments.

And it's American values. We are citizens not subjects.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
@jmf552;

That would depend on the individual not the location of the heart. Most hearts are backwards it’s just that folks don’t know it. Doctors don’t tell them everything, it’s a code of ethics, let no deed go unpunished :yup:

Here ya go, this right here is truth!

(I’m right handed so I’m not going to hell) 🤣

https://healthyone.org/what-are-the-health-risk-of-being-left-handed/

Left handed people are more prone to suffer from dyslexia, schizophrenia and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); all of these disorders are due to defect in brain development.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
Well we're a Republic not a Theocracy and I'm old school American and I'd go all US Constitution on the fascists and quote Article II, the 1st, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments.

And it's American values. We are citizens not subjects.
LOL. You thought I was being serious...

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
I hope people are happy with the America that we are becoming.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
I'm beginning to believe ANTIFA is right, ya'll are a bunch of Fascists!

Castration? .45 and a shovel? Small jail cell? Have you all lost your damn minds? Do you want a Virus Red Flag Law? Arrest someone because they coughed in your general direction? Is this the country you want to live in? Because this is a very slippery slope you're advocating for.

Sharing this for those who either didn’t see it before, or it didn’t sink in.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
I'm certainly not, but one thing I learned in the military is the worse it gets, the more sense of humor you need to get through it.
Accurate statement. I’ve been to some really bad places on this planet. Starting to think that a lot of people I know need to take a field trip to some of them.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
I hope people are happy with the America that we are becoming.
That almost sounds cynical! :rolleyes:

I’d like to think that the world has learned something out of this, anything? The fact that quite possibly medications will be made in America is a good thing IMO but who knows I could be wrong...I did oversleep once.

Not fun now, but there may be a lot of good happening after all this. Take a look at wars, they are horrible however we are always better, usually much better, afterwards.

I’m thankful for the president we have now, if it were someone else we could be in a lot worse shape.

Count your blessings, and stop it! Be happy darn it! :tongue:

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
Accurate statement. I’ve been to some really bad places on this planet. Starting to think that a lot of people I know need to take a field trip to some of them.
^^^ This, this, this. In Egypt, there was place where I could look out over literally a million plus squatters camped out, living in a giant graveyard in complete squalor. You could smell the stench for a long ways off. I was shaken to my core just seeing it. The Nile in that area was basically the world's biggest sewage ditch. All I could think was "God bless America." I have to say that as bad as things have gotten here politically, this is still best country on Earth.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
^^^ This, this, this. In Egypt, there was place where I could look out over literally a million plus squatters camped out, living in a giant graveyard in complete squalor. You could smell the stench for a long ways off. I was shaken to my core just seeing it. The Nile in that area was basically the world's biggest sewage ditch. All I could think was "God bless America." I have to say that as bad as things have gotten here politically, this is still best country on Earth.
Amen.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
It is definitely still the best. I just want it to remain that way, and little by little I see us getting away from the things that makes it so great. On the plus side, if it did get that bad, it will probably help solve the illegal immigration problem.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I’ve been friends with a disabled woman who was a neighbor when I was living in cheap housing during a hard time.

Brenda lived with her mother until she passed last year, now lives with her older sister. The sister raised wild-criminal kids, and is now poorly raising most of her grandkids the same way. I call and check on Brenda a couple times a month, make sure she’s got food, etc. she was upset when I spoke to her Friday. No one in her family or their feral friends is isolating, it’s people in and out all the time.

Brenda cleans rooms at the VA so she’s already inundated with info on illness.

That said, when I’m out walking for exercise the playgrounds I pass are chocked full of little disease carriers and their ignorant parents.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Unfortunately, the police will have a tough time enforcing a lockdown or quarantine or stay-at-home order without risking their health. I suppose one of those scifi neck collars that give the ordered quarantine person a zap when they get too far from the house will deter them. I suppose that could be done with an ankle bracelet also. This issue is a slippery slope - on the one hand public health is a major issue while freedom is another. Health and safety is one of the arguments that the anti-gunners use. So we gotta be careful about what road we go down. Just like guns, anyone that knowingly puts someones well being at risk needs to be punished rather than taking everyone's freedom away. Just my humble opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
I’ve been friends with a disabled woman who was a neighbor when I was living in cheap housing during a hard time.

Brenda lived with her mother until she passed last year, now lives with her older sister. The sister raised wild-criminal kids, and is now poorly raising most of her grandkids the same way. I call and check on Brenda a couple times a month, make sure she’s got food, etc. she was upset when I spoke to her Friday. No one in her family or their feral friends is isolating, it’s people in and out all the time.

Brenda cleans rooms at the VA so she’s already inundated with info on illness.

That said, when I’m out walking for exercise the playgrounds I pass are chocked full of little disease carriers and their ignorant parents.
They taped up around the playground equipment here but there'll be those that'll tear it down. So far, I haven't seen that happen.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
When I first looked at this I thought it said "Ankle Hosters"
lol

it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
They taped up around the playground equipment here but there'll be those that'll tear it down. So far, I haven't seen that happen.
The order came out Saturday that playgrounds are now closed here, the parks are still open as of now, so yeah probably the same here on people letting their kids on it. The adjacent city closed parks and Greenways because everyone was congregating in groups there. With a large percentage of the population being ignorant fools is tough to deal with. They reproduce faster and more often than us.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
For the most part we are a selfish people; stubborn, thickheaded and foolish. True wisdom and high levels of character are rare among the people. We want our freedom but do not live as the founders of this Republic warned we must.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/99-02-02-3102

and yet we can't even speak of religion on a defensive forum because of the havoc it would incite.......it's a sad mess we find ourselves in. So messy that without a proper understanding of the things religion is based upon, we will never come out of it.
You must take that quote in the manner in which they dealt with immoral people of that day.

They hung most criminals and the prisons were not country clubs.

General immorality could get you put in locks in the town square for all to admonish.

We coddle criminals today and punish the law abiding with more laws and restrictions.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts