Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. It has been designed to have a clean look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace any mobile apps. This is web only - accessing via your phone browser.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread URL, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

This is the feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks! :vs_cool:

Tips For Using The Forum Smartphone Viewer

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Working GREAT for me!

Thanks

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The dark red banner with black font offer insufficient contrast making it difficult for me to clearly discern text.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Images aren't loading on my IPhone 6+.
And don't construe this as criticism, I'm old and don't embrace change well.
As you can tell, I've switched back to the old view.
Too much change, too quick makes me break out in hives.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ok....I accidentally opted out of it and now I can't get back to it. I would like to try it out, but how do I get it back. Cause now I am just getting the full Web version and not mobile verson

·
Administrator
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok....I accidentally opted out of it and now I can't get back to it. I would like to try it out, but how do I get it back. Cause now I am just getting the full Web version and not mobile verson
I think if you completely clear the cookies/cache on your phone it will come back.

·
Registered
450 Posts
That blinking ad at the bottom is really distracting while reading. The text is already cramped as it is and there is now a top menu, an ad at the bottom and the page scroll bar right above that. Then if you scroll down too far you get to see a bunch of spammy sites with pictures of someone popping a huge zit. Just what I want to see. On the desktop site none of that shows.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
If this forum was populated with a bunch of tech savvy millenials this new phone viewer thing-a-ma-jig might be useful and make sense, but for most of us on this forum it's just confusing.:aargh4:

If I get interested in it, I will have my 11 year old grandson set it up for me.:embarassed:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts