Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Disclaimer, I did not watch the video.
That being said, I have carried appendix IWB for years (decade +) and don't intend to change.

Unrelated: in the pic it looks like he shaved his hand, but not arm; if you're gonna do it, make it match.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Disclaimer, I did not watch the video.
That being said, I have carried appendix IWB for years (decade +) and don't intend to change.

Unrelated: in the pic it looks like he shaved his hand, but not arm; if you're gonna do it, make it match.
That arm is covered in tattoos.:wink:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Excellent safety tips.
-I often ask people who are against appendix carry why they are ok with shooting the outside of their leg, but not the front. I think the point is to be careful and not shoot yourself.
-Guns in the holster are no more or less likely to "just go off" in different belt positions.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I too have carried in a modified appendix position for many years and have no interest in moving away from it because of some video . When you reholster you STOP , pay attention , move slowly and watch what you are doing when reholstering . I carry my smaller pistols at a 1:30 /2:00 position with the pistol canted to the rear . Makes drawing while sitting easy to do with out advertising your movements .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sigh. The video and article are pro appendix carry. As am I. It shows that it is damn near impossible to shoot your junk off, or your leg while reholstering.

Didn't need to watch the vid. Simply reading the title of the article would have told you what the video is about. I will go rename the thread now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two problems with the video.

1. With the holster outside his pants it is canted farther away than if it were pressed between his pelvis and belt.

2. With the front of the holster cut off he is clearly pushing the muzzle slightly outward where he couldn't if it were a solid piece.

I still wouldn't trust a striker pistol there, but it's your arteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts