Defensive Carry banner

Another case working its way through the sifting after Bruen...

254 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mcp1810
The SCOTUS really needs to take up a case SOMETIME that will give enough clarity to prevent the various circuit courts from being such a patchwork.

At least the lower court is being ordered to apply Bruen in this case...

7th Circuit case about gun rights for foster care and daycare operators
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,891 Posts
I think the Supreme Court needs to follow their own ruling and apply the historical context of the 2A to all laws trying to restrict arms. That would simplify everything. No more illegal tax stamps, no more overly expensive fully automatic firearms to begin with.

Just think of how cheap silencers for guns would be. It would be like us living in some European countries where they are not frowned upon, but expected to be used in many areas. They are cheap in those nations and viewed as sound pollution reducers.

· Registered
10,049 Posts
I think the Supreme Court needs to follow their own ruling and apply the historical context of the 2A to all laws trying to restrict arms. That would simplify everything. No more illegal tax stamps, no more overly expensive fully automatic firearms to begin with.

Just think of how cheap silencers for guns would be. It would be like us living in some European countries where they are not frowned upon, but expected to be used in many areas. They are cheap in those nations and viewed as sound pollution reducers.
They looked at that in 1937.
Sonzinsky v United States 300 U.S. 506

· Registered
10,049 Posts
The SCOTUS really needs to take up a case SOMETIME that will give enough clarity to prevent the various circuit courts from being such a patchwork.

At least the lower court is being ordered to apply Bruen in this case...

7th Circuit case about gun rights for foster care and daycare operators
Gong to be an interesting case. The law as written I think will be struck down. Outside of business hours a home based day care should be like any other home. Where it could get iffy is how they view foster homes. If the homeowners are being paid by the state 24/7/365 they could have an argument. Or they could try to refuse to place children in homes where there are guns. If there is no financial support being provided by the state I don't think they have a leg to stand on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts