Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=25072

I have been watching this type of thing for some time, on a worldwide basis. It seems to be an emerging pattern in impoverished areas with unstable governments. It is happening in many places, but seems to be underreported in the western media. The ICU is the Islamic Courts Union.

"According to press accounts, the ICU has received funding from the Arabian peninsula that allows it to arm its fighters with new weapons. Sheikh Aweys told a group of 600 fighters at the Hilweyne training camp, "This is the beginning, but thousands of other gunmen will be trained. You are the ones who will disarm civilians, restore law and order, and help enforce sharia law

The ICU is also moving to disarm the population. In mid-October, the Islamic courts announced the door-to-door collection of weapons owned by Somali citizens and organizations. Only ICU-affiliated Somalis would be allowed to retain their firearms. This move, ostensibly designed to instill order, clearly diminishes citizens' ability to resist the Islamic militia.

Another senior ICU leader, Sheikh Hassan "Turki" Abdullah Hersi, openly admitted foreign involvement in Somalia during a speech to supporters after the seizure of Kismayo. "Brothers in Islam, we came from Mogadishu and we have thousands of fighters, some are Somalis and others are from the Muslim world," he said. "If Christian-led America brought its infidels, we now call to our Muslim holy fighters to come join us."

Nor is the ICU's support for international jihad lost on the movement's highest leaders. In an audiotape released in late June, Osama bin Laden stated, "We will continue, God willing, to fight you and your allies everywhere, in Iraq and Afghanistan and in Somalia and Sudan, until we waste all your money and kill your men and you will return to your country in defeat as we defeated you before in Somalia"--a clear nod to the rise of the Islamic courts. In July, bin Laden issued an even stronger statement: "We warn all the countries in the world from accepting a U.S. proposal to send international forces to Somalia. We swear to God that we will fight their soldiers in Somalia and we reserve our right to punish them on their lands and every accessible place at the appropriate time and in the appropriate manner."

I think the last paragraph illustrates the point that I constantly harp on in regard to winning wars completely. Every time we do not win, we prolong the fighting and suffering. War is hell, but if prosecuted violently, ferosiously, and to conclusion it can bring about periods of peace. Wars faught in a Half hearted manner and ended before the enemy is TOTALLY defeated only bring more death and suffering in the long run.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Personally, I think we should go back and revisit the way we do somethings in war.

"Calculate the amount of force you require to get the job done, then send in 4 times that amount."

Scary stuff...

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
War is hell, but if prosecuted violently, ferosiously, and to conclusion it can bring about periods of peace. Wars faught in a Half hearted manner and ended before the enemy is TOTALLY defeated only bring more death and suffering in the long run.
Amen to that.

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
personally, it's not worth one serviceman's life to send troops there--want to kill terrorists? Get a couple flights of C-130s or C-17s, and load them up with BLU-82s--15,000lbs Fuel-Air explosive....makes a mushroom cloud and turns soft pudgies inside out.

Sounds brutal? sounds unfair? Innocents?--I don't fight fair...the fair fight is the one I win...

Innocents? I don't believe they exist there--they will collaborate with the POS fanatics, ergo, not innocent.

In case you haven't noticed already--I am not in a good mood--one of the guys I work with had to go to a funeral at Arlington, a U.S. Army Captain killed by an IED in Iraq--in the same neighborhood I spent 7 months in and around. At this point, we should send them all to Allah...only to find out they don't get 72 virgins, but 72 Virginians...

Mike in VA

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It's a shame. Until that group took over, Somalia had the makings of a free society forming.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
They Are Virgins...

send them all to Allah...only to find out they don't get 72 virgins, but 72 Virginians...

Mike in VA
'nuns with guns'...

ret:urla9ub:

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Fanatics do not think about fairness nor do they deserve it. Kill them all and let God sort them out is a phylosophy that deserves some consideration.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Amen, Amen & Aaaaaamen!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I hear that they have WMD.

Lets invade 'em like we did Iran.....?....no,no, thats not right.

North Korea.....?.....nope thats not right either.

Just forget it !!(?) ---------

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I watched the news last night and no one mentioned this stroy. I saw it on the BBC news and then looked it up on the internet for this post.

Our "News" focused on Michael J. Fox campaign ads.

what's wrong with this picture?

Sig Guy: I agree with your asesment. If I had my way, we'd be sending martyrs to Allah so fast that he would have to give 'em Virginains, because he'd be running out of virgins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New here. Saying hello, and definitely understand the sentiment on turning loose a bunch of ordinance against the lot. However, if we go with that mindset, would we as a nation be willing to go it alone? It is something to consider, because of the fact that the international community, such as it is, would most likely be against it.

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
Here's a hint--we're doing this alone anyway. Everyone else has been playing the appeasment game (i.e. Spain and the rest of the EU)...France, being France, is saying "love it or leave it" and are paying for their appeasment policies (riots).

Quite frankly, I don't care what Zimbabwe thinks...nor France. If we can exterminate one rats nest, it would be a good start.

"But won't that cause more extremist terrorism from Muslims?" you might ask?
They want to kill us because of our very *existance*. We are the "infidels" and they have been ordered to kill us to praise Allah and to do his work. This war is simple--kill more of them before they kill more of us.
We have the benefit of technology. We also have the handicap of common decency and stringent rules of engagement, and they are using this against us.

The quicker we realize this, the quicker our collective mindset *should change--thanks to folks like the ACLU, this will take much longer.

Mike

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
SIGguy229, Holy crappola man,are you ever politically INCORRECT !!

Thing is...........your abso-frickin-tutely right.

Good on ya man. P.S. I try to be that politically incorrect sometimes but I end up gettin' all MOD scared.-------

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The quicker we realize this, the quicker our collective mindset *should change--thanks to folks like the ACLU, this will take much longer.

Mike
I wonder if it will happen before it's too late?

I recently heard some folks discussing this on the radio and one guy said that if people's attitude in the west didn't change from the PC mindset, that the histroy of this war would be written in Arabic and will say something to the effect of "One side fought with conviction, while the other lacked the conviction to fight"

Something to think about, when the enemy is cutting the heads off of bound civilians while they are alive and squirming, and our side seems to be concerned with hurting people's feelings.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We haven't fought a real war since WWII. Its all been skirmishes police actions and gorilla warfare. There was no terrorist in WWII because there was no place to hide. No such thing as collateral damage then either. We are trying to fight kinder gentler wars nowadays. The fact that war is hell is what makes people straighten up.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
If we are going to fight a war we need to fight it, 100% effort. We have not fought this way since Koera, and we stopped fighting that way during Koera. If we are going to fight it must be to destroy the enemy as fast and as completely as possible. Sherman understood this better than anyone else, he realized that this is how you save the most lives. Our leadership does not want to ask the average American citizen to do anything they might find hard or unsavory, because that might mean not getting re-elected. What do you think would happen if gasoline was rationed and taxes increased for 3 years to completely control Iraq and Afganistan? We would win but who ever was in office would lose the next election (didn't happen to FDR, Truman, Lincoln), that is the mindset we are faced with.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sherman understood this better than anyone else, he realized that this is how you save the most lives.
As a Southerner, having heard stories from my great grandparents and Gradparents about what was done to women and children in the south, I am certainly no fan of Sherman, but you are correct in what you said, and George Patton new this as well. The enemy must be defeated until they no longer have the will to resist. That's how you win. Collateral damage is part of war.

Our leadership does not want to ask the average American citizen to do anything they might find hard or unsavory, because that might mean not getting re-elected. What do you think would happen if gasoline was rationed and taxes increased for 3 years to completely control Iraq and Afganistan? We would win but who ever was in office would lose the next election (didn't happen to FDR, Truman, Lincoln), that is the mindset we are faced with.
We also didn't have a bunch of namby pamby liberal reporters snooping around the battlefields when Truman, FDR and Linciln were around. Neither did we have a 24 hour news cyle as a platform for them to spew their anti-American agenda. There were also things called sedition laws, to stop people who spoke against the war effort. If we had these now, half of the Senate and Congress would be in jail.

IMO- freedom of the press should not be extended to foreign battlefields, becuase most people simply don't have the stomach to see what it takes to get the job done in a war.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
SgtD, You are correct Sir.

I to am a Southerner (albeit from the Free State of Winston) and heard the stories of paths of misery left behind from Union raiders during the Civil War, but as Sherman said "War is Hell". You are also correct in the 24 hour news cycle, driving our weak kneed Republic. The reason it is weak kneed IMO is the fact that the feel good 60's generation said "don't worry the goverment will take care of you", "it's not your fault blame some one else", and "you are not responsible for your actions but a product of your enviroment". By the feel good 60's I mean the mordern liberal movement. I feel that we must help our fellow citizens realize that they are responible for themselves and their community and hard things must be done for the betterment of socitey. :rant:

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I watched the news last night and no one mentioned this stroy. I saw it on the BBC news and then looked it up on the internet for this post.

Our "News" focused on Michael J. Fox campaign ads.

what's wrong with this picture?

Sig Guy: I agree with your asesment. If I had my way, we'd be sending martyrs to Allah so fast that he would have to give 'em Virginains, because he'd be running out of virgins.
Lol - send to meet Virginians? That's like tying bacon to them and dropping them in a dog pen - Hey wait...that sounds like a good idea too!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.