Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
What do you think would happen if gasoline was rationed and taxes increased for 3 years to completely control Iraq and Afganistan?
No one ever has any control. Who cares about control anyway. The only control I want to see is target control from every bomber in every fleet dropping MOAB's.

·
Premium Member
7,225 Posts
Personally, I think we should go back and revisit the way we do somethings in war.

"Calculate the amount of force you require to get the job done, then send in 4 times that amount."

Scary stuff...
That’s ALWAYS been the equation for success in war. It was SOP for planning even when I was an active duty Infantry Officer serving on a General Staff in 1983. I submit that the secret to success in warfare of the sort of nature presented by terrorists is not to fight bigger but to fight SMARTER. Afghanistan should never have become a conflict for “BIG ARMY.” It should have remained 100% Unconventional Warfare supported by CAS. We’d have been done faster with far fewer lives lost on our side. SOCOM at MacDill should have run the entire thing and the Puzzle Palace (aka the Pentagon) should have been excluded completely.

·
Premium Member
7,225 Posts
No one ever has any control. Who cares about control anyway. The only control I want to see is target control from every bomber in every fleet dropping MOAB's.
Be far easier to crater their economies by returning to the Trump Doctrine on Oil and then identifying the folks they sell oil to and drastically undercut those prices. Steal the customers who serve as a basis for income and they’ll be extinct as a threat inside of 18 months.

Also, I hate to say it, but dropping ordnance never wins wars. The ONLY way to decisively win a war is to use infantry to take and hold the real estate. Once the conflict has ended for that, no quarter can be offered to insurgents. Winning the peace must be as swift and harsh as winning the battles. On that, I’d look to the Roman Empire for suggestions.

Reactions: msgt/ret
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.