Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all from Northern VA. Although I've owned firearms and enjoyed going to the range on occasion for decades, I've never felt a need or desire to carry until recently. I open carried on the way home from the range last week with one brief stop at a convenience store. It felt kind of awkward, but no issues with anyone or indication that they noticed.

Yesterday, I got my CHP so I decided to try it out. Went to half a dozen stores today and other than being a little OCD about making sure I wasn't inadvertently printing, it was a complete non event. The requisite "Wally Walk" was part of the trip, although what I ended up having to purchase would not have been my first choice. While checking the ammo case for any scraps (none to be had), I got a text from my daughter that she needed me to pick up feminine products while I was there. :rolleyes: Kind of a weird combo of empowering and emasculating at the same time. :lol:

Between OC and CC, I lean more towards CC at least for now. I've been reading a lot of in the OC forum and I can understand and support it, just not sure it's my style. But, who knows. I may change my mind someday.

Anyways, I've been lurking for a month or so and wanted to say thanks for all the great info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
192 Posts
Welcome from S.C..I've had my ccp a few yrs,and never needed it,so far.There is a panel here,trying to get the OC passed.I don't think it's for me,but,each to their own.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Breaking news: a responsible citizen walked armed among the public, and...nothing noteworthy happened. Good job (and quit tugging at your shirt :tongue: )

Hey, real men care for all the needs of the women they love. Not just safety. :wink:

What is your carry set up?

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You mean your gun didn't jump out of its holster and start shooting people. You have trained you gun well young grasshopper. Jokes aside, welcome to our side.

·
Premium Member
5,128 Posts
Welcome from Savannah

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have another responsible gun owner in the house!

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin & congratulations on your new CHP!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee! The "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin .

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364042423.251728.jpg

Here's my current setup. Glock G26 in a White Hat MaxTuck IWB. I still have it adjusted as it came out of the box. The top of the kydex is just level with the top of my jeans and I'm wearing at the 4:00 position. Any suggestions to try?No spare may pouch yet. Any suggestions of IWB/OWB setups?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Great setup will serve you well. You might want to try a remora for driving, great for driving can use it cross draw so your comfy and than slide it to strong side upon arrival

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.