Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 released from hospital following Walmart 'Good Samaritan' shooting

I hear from anti's that this never happens. Rarely does it make any news. Another story was much bigger from the night before where a bad guy with a "semi automatic" weapon shot several people.

The first good guy and the first victim seem to be doing OK. I am glad they will live. Not too concerned about the bad guy.

I just wish the media and the anti's would realize those of us that exercise our constitutional rights to defend ourselves and, sometimes, others really do make a positive impact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just wish the media and the anti's would realize those of us that exercise our constitutional rights to defend ourselves and, sometimes, others really do make a positive impact.
They DO know it. That's why it is ignored by the media.

They don't want positive impact. They want control. Positive impact inhibits the increase of control. It will not be mentioned.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
They don't want a bunch of "vigilantes" running around shooting people. So, even though it is a true story that has NOTHING to do with it. Because only the police and army should have guns.

·
Read Only
610 Posts
I did want to mention, out of curiosity, I googled this (associated press) story and did find that was reported by the CBS news website, NY daily news website, and ABC news website.

I don't think it's so much an issue of good Samaritan stories being suppressed for political reasons, as it is that there are so many shootings, the bar has been raised as to when the threshold of national news is tripped. The average news service goes after the stories that will generate the most viewership, which normally translates to stories that have shock and scare value. It seems to me that the average good Samaritan story gets covered when it's got viewership potential - like an 82 year old grandma who pulls out her Glock when 3 muggers threaten a passing young mother holding two kids. (shock value) Or the man who fights back when a mass shooter starts in some Walmart. (scare value).

There's just so much "static" out there, so many stories vying for attention. Not sure what the answer is, but I think that's the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened right in my back yard. In fact, my wife and daughter were in this same store the day before these events unfolded. It's so easy to turn a blind eye to events that happen elsewhere by saying "eh, it'll never happen here"... Until it does!

Needless to say, I've added a new carry pistol (XD Mod2 Sub-compact .45) and am waiting on my IWB holster to arrive in the next couple of days. Thinking it "will never happen here" is a good way to find yourself in a world of hurt...

Mutt

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Did a little research and found an odd FACT about this crime.
Ran the first link and noticed the Dead Guys Name (John Simmons III) and thought oh his poor dad and grand dad.
So my curiosity got the better of me and I Googled his name and found this story.

KAKE.com | Wichita, Kansas News, Weather, Sports - Bail now $2 million for man charged in Kansas Walmart shooting

Ok, consider this. Like I said, the DRT Bad Guy was John Simmons III.
Notice this, his Accomplice was Arthur Wyatt III.

Does it strike anyone else odd that both of the Bad Guys were Third Generation Namesakes?
Think about it. A man does not usually not name his child after himself if he is just a Baby Daddy with no planned involvement in that child's life. And then consider another offspring named the third generation name sake.
So it is my theory that both of these men had Fathers and Grandfathers in their lives.

Then the odd part is here you have two third Generation Namesakes partnering in a heinous crime.

If that were my name sake I would be wringing my hands and wondering where I went wrong.
And yet here they are together, partners in crime and half of the TEAM is now Worm Food!

With a $2 million Dollar Bond I doubt he will be seeing the street anytime soon.
And If I were on the Kansas City Missouri Grand Jury I would have no problem voting for a Capital Punishment Trial for Mr Wyatt.

Still, I'll be his Father had better plans for him.
Such a heart-breaker.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did a little research and found an odd FACT about this crime.
Ran the first link and noticed the Dead Guys Name (John Simmons III) and thought oh his poor dad and grand dad.
So my curiosity got the better of me and I Googled his name and found this story.

KAKE.com | Wichita, Kansas News, Weather, Sports - Bail now $2 million for man charged in Kansas Walmart shooting

Ok, consider this. Like I said, the DRT Bad Guy was John Simmons III.
Notice this, his Accomplice was Arthur Wyatt III.

Does it strike anyone else odd that both of the Bad Guys were Third Generation Namesakes?
Think about it. A man does not usually not name his child after himself if he is just a Baby Daddy with no planned involvement in that child's life. And then consider another offspring named the third generation name sake.
So it is my theory that both of these men had Fathers and Grandfathers in their lives.

Then the odd part is here you have two third Generation Namesakes partnering in a heinous crime.

If that were my name sake I would be wringing my hands and wondering where I went wrong.
And yet here they are together, partners in crime and half of the TEAM is now Worm Food!

With a $2 million Dollar Bond I doubt he will be seeing the street anytime soon.
And If I were on the Kansas City Missouri Grand Jury I would have no problem voting for a Capital Punishment Trial for Mr Wyatt.

Still, I'll be his Father had better plans for him.
Such a heart-breaker.
A mill don't turn on water that's passed .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts