Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
That is beautiful!

I just noticed you're a member of VCDL. We're members of WVCDL...great group!
Yes I am. Did you happen to attend Lobby Day in Richmond this past January? Quite a turnout. I am sure there were more than the 22,000 that has been reported.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
FWIW, I have never seen the entire movie by Mel Gibson entitled, "The Passion of the Christ". I have a very difficult time watching the scenes of his scourging and His Crucifixion. I have a very vivid imagination and have played out in my mind countless times those last hours of His life. I did read the book on which Mel Gibson based his movie, "The Dolorous of Our Lord Jesus Christ" and was prepared for the movie, so I thought. But I just cannot get through that final part. I have read many writings and watched a lot of documentaries about the Passion but it's so hard to watch for me.

Reactions: ctr and Jeanlouise

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
If you really want to be close to God, don't go to a church. Take a walk in the woods, by a seashore, or a magnificent field of flowers and greenery. Look up at the beautiful blue sky, the white clouds, and down at the green grass. These are all of God's creations. Churches are man made. Get out to nature to really see the miracle of life.
Sorry brother, wrong on both counts. Man was not made to worship the CREATION, but the CREATOR. Churches are not man made. Religion is man made. Look up Who it was that started The Church.

And that is my final word on this verboten subject here.

Reactions: Grizzly2 and ctr

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I get that, but this was an executive order, not a legislative bill that can be vetoed and revoted by the legislature.
POTUS issues Exec Order, Congress counters with law stating the opposite making the EO illegal, POTUS vetoes, Congress overrides veto. That is how Congress overrides an executive order. Works at the state level as well.

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
POTUS issues Exec Order, Congress counters with law stating the opposite making the EO illegal, POTUS vetoes, Congress overrides veto. That is how Congress overrides an executive order. Works at the state level as well.
Go back and read the original news link.

This was not a legislature overturning a governor's veto, it was a "panel" of seven members doing this. I don't know how Kansas constitution has set up its government operation, but seven members of a panel should not have that kind of power.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I just finished catching up on this thread this morning. Today and especially today I can reflect and understand completely on the how and the why of many concerns expressed in this thread.
I mean a lot can happen in three days if you know what I mean. The "rest of the story" has already been laid out. It's uncanny but should come as no surprise.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Go back and read the original news link.

This was not a legislature overturning a governor's veto, it was a "panel" of seven members doing this. I don't know how Kansas constitution has set up its government operation, but seven members of a panel should not have that kind of power.
The idea is most state legislatures are not full time. In KS, they only meet every other year, whereas the governor is full-time. So the check and balance of the legislature over the executive branch is limited most of the time. In some states, like KS, the legislature can create "Legislative Coordinating Committees" (LCCs) and formally empower them to speak for the legislature on certain topics in between sessions.

In this case, the KS Supreme Court ruled that this LCC lacked the statutory authority to overrule the governor on this particular topic. It was a narrowly focused decision though. It did not say that there is anything wrong with the LCC idea in general or that the governor's decision is right. What could easily happen next is the whole legislature coming together in special session in Topeka and voting en masse to overrule the governor. And the KS legislature had the red votes in both houses to overrule the governor.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Sorry brother, wrong on both counts. Man was not made to worship the CREATION, but the CREATOR. Churches are not man made. Religion is man made. Look up Who it was that started The Church.

And that is my final word on this verboten subject here.
You, sir, are wrong on all three counts. One; I never made any reference to worshiping creation (already mentioned this so go read it). Two; Churches are most certainly man made. You might want to check out the architectural plans at your local court house on this. Three; I never addressed religion specifically. You may have read into my posts things there were not there.
With that said, I do wish you and yours a most happy Easter.

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I didn't but a bus load of WVCDL from our area attended.
Thanks to all West Virginians who hold us in their hearts during our time of need.

Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
You, sir, are wrong on all three counts. One; I never made any reference to worshiping creation (already mentioned this so go read it). Two; Churches are most certainly man made. You might want to check out the architectural plans at your local court house on this. Three; I never addressed religion specifically. You may have read into my posts things there were not there.
With that said, I do wish you and yours a most happy Easter.
I was responding to this:

If you really want to be close to God, don't go to a church. Take a walk in the woods, by a seashore, or a magnificent field of flowers and greenery. Look up at the beautiful blue sky, the white clouds, and down at the green grass. These are all of God's creations. Churches are man made. Get out to nature to really see the miracle of life.
This is exactly what I said:

Man was not made to worship the CREATION, but the CREATOR.
So am I wrong?

Churches are not man made. Religion is man made. Look up Who it was that started The Church.
Did you check to see who it was that started The Church? I'll give you a hint: The Church is NOT a building, and the original blueprint is not found in a courthouse. It will be found mentioned in another book.

I hope you don't have a problem with The Church. You certainly might have a problem with religion since, being man-made, it is frequently way far from The Church. I understand issues with religion.

How about we not have a dispute about either The Church or religion? :smile:

Reactions: Marc_Brooks

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I was responding to this:

This is exactly what I said:

So am I wrong?

Did you check to see who it was that started The Church? I'll give you a hint: The Church is NOT a building, and the original blueprint is not found in a courthouse. It will be found mentioned in another book.

I hope you don't have a problem with The Church. You certainly might have a problem with religion since, being man-made, it is frequently way far from The Church. I understand issues with religion.

How about we not have a dispute about either The Church or religion? :smile:
It dawned on me this morning when I was in the shower that you and I were talking about two different things regarding church, and that we were both correct. Your meaning was the church as Jesus mentioned it, which was not a physical building but rather a gathering of people in His name. I was thinking about church as the physical entity in which people gather. Two different meanings which result in the same outcome.

Please accept my apology for my mistake with this.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
It dawned on me this morning when I was in the shower that you and I were talking about two different things regarding church, and that we were both correct. Your meaning was the church as Jesus mentioned it, which was not a physical building but rather a gathering of people in His name. I was thinking about church as the physical entity in which people gather. Two different meanings which result in the same outcome.

Please accept my apology for my mistake with this.
No need for an apology brother. All is good. :smile:

Reactions: SouthernBoyVA

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
No need for an apology brother. All is good. :smile:
Thanks so much. I respect other peoples' religious beliefs (well most) and certainly had no intention of causing any consternation.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Here is some of what Michigan's Govenor Whitmer has done.....

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455-525278--,00.html

Executive Order 2020-42 FAQs

-snip-
Q: Can hunting, shooting or target sports facilities/clubs continue to be open to the public?

A: No. A business or entity cannot require workers to leave their residence unless the worker is “necessary to sustain or protect life or to conduct minimum basic operations.” Whether indoor or outdoor in nature, employees of these types of facilities are not considered critical infrastructure. As needed, however, management may designate workers to leave their homes for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public. Under the order, all work must be carried out remotely to the greatest extent possible, and any in-person work that is permitted must be done in accordance with the mitigation measures required under section 10 of the order.-snip-

check out what Whitmer's Executive Order says about boating in that FAQ.

Heil Whitmer!

·
Premium Member
3,967 Posts
Seems a lot of this going on.
Story shows authorities using drones that can sense body temp to see if you have a fever.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-most-extreme-lockdown-measures
Before long, having a fever will be a crime.

When the drone detects a fever, does the SWAT team move in with authority to arrest and remove the person from the scene? If not, what's the point?

I'm so fed up with the "experts" pushing this, they all see their chance to be in the limelight and they aren't going to relinquish it without a fight.

·
Premium Member
3,967 Posts
Here is some of what Michigan's Govenor Whitmer has done.....

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455-525278--,00.html

Executive Order 2020-42 FAQs

-snip-
Q: Can hunting, shooting or target sports facilities/clubs continue to be open to the public?

A: No. A business or entity cannot require workers to leave their residence unless the worker is “necessary to sustain or protect life or to conduct minimum basic operations.” Whether indoor or outdoor in nature, employees of these types of facilities are not considered critical infrastructure. As needed, however, management may designate workers to leave their homes for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public. Under the order, all work must be carried out remotely to the greatest extent possible, and any in-person work that is permitted must be done in accordance with the mitigation measures required under section 10 of the order.-snip-

check out what Whitmer's Executive Order says about boating in that FAQ.

Heil Whitmer!

Yeah, Liberals drunk on power and intent on inflicting maximum misery. Reminds me of Obama when he shut down the WW11 and Viet Nam memorials during the Government Shut-down so that no one could see them, even though they are outdoors.

A few weeks ago, when the Cherry Blossoms were on the trees around the basin in Washington, DC, they stopped allowing people to drive their cars on the George Washington Parkway past the trees. Why????? What the heck does that have to do with spreading the virus? It's insane.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts