Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
All,

I'm still a neophyte when it comes to carrying - about 3 months now - but carry whenever possible (I can't carry at work). I have been using a 1.5" carhart belt I bought at walmart for about $20. It's a decently thick belt but just wasn't cutting it. The government 1911 riding in an IWB was just pulling down my pants too much. I would have to take it off when doing chores around the house or cinch it up so tight that it was extremely uncomfortable. So I opted for a gun belt.

I ordered one from Jim 'The Belt Man' Speidel ( http://www.thebeltman.net ) and have been wearing it for about a week now - and WOW - what a difference. This belt is so comfortable that I wear it at work (without the gun). Wearing a gun is much more comfortable now - I'm not constantly hoisting up my pants and the support is spectacular. In particular, OWB carry has become much more bearable and IWB is no problem at all.

I have to say that Jim's work is top notch and I can't be happier with the product. (The price is pretty darn good too!) I've also realized how much difference a true gun belt can make when carrying. The 1911 now rides quite comfortably all day long (at least on the weekends) on my side - even during strenuous activities.

Anyone who has been getting by on a regular belt should really give this a try.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They are nice looking belts, reasonbly priced, and good color choices...my bride says I need to color co-ordinate more often. She even likes these!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was surprised by how much they look and function like a normal belt. I work in a professional environment and it in no way looks out of place. I've taken it hunting, fishing, hiking, working, and just general carry around the house. I will probably end up scraping the rest of my belts as regardless of carry these types of belts will be the only ones I buy from here on out.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
GOOD GUN BELT is as important as your holster.
They are equal in importance.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A good gunbelt will also far outlast a belt of normal thickness even when not carrying. Think about it, sure they cost more but if they last two or three times longer than the cheap stuff then you're saving money AND getting a more stable platform for weapons carry. The last belt I bought was my 1.5" Milt Sparks, been wearing it every day since roughly June of 2000. At some point I plan on adding a 1.25" to my wardrobe to cover the rare suit days as well.
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts