Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Pure Kustom Black Opts

Votes: 25 36.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys I am getting close to making a decision.

I think I narrowed it down to these two. I currently only have one holster which is a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I think I found a member willing to sell me a brand new Milt Sparks VMII for a little above retail but no wait. I never had had a Milt Sparks but it seems like these are the "benchmark holster" that many try to copy. They seem to be the "Ferrari" of holsters.

The other option is Pure Kustom Black Ops which I have hear nothing but stellar reviews. With this holster there is a 4-8 week wait but I will will get a hoslter I can wear IWB and OWB. I don't have any OWB so this feature is nice.

·
Registered
713 Posts
It really comes down to this, and this was the one selling point for me. Adjustablity. Rockys can adjust to different positions and Milt Sparks...
They are both really, REALLY good holsters and I am sure you will be happy with either one.

I chose the Pure Kustom, and made a friend. If you have not already checked out my review, , there it is. Its a long read, but you might just find some useful information in there.

ITS WORTH THE WAIT!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really comes down to this, and this was the one selling point for me. Adjustablity. Rockys can adjust to different positions and Milt Sparks...
They are both really, REALLY good holsters and I am sure you will be happy with either one.

I chose the Pure Kustom, and made a friend. If you have not already checked out my review, , there it is. Its a long read, but you might just find some useful information in there.

ITS WORTH THE WAIT!
It is hard to tell from the pictures but do you think the Milt Sparks is bigger or smaller than the Pure Kustom?

·
Registered
713 Posts
It really depends on your firearm. The holster is made around an actual model of your gun. So, they are probably really close. However, Milt Sparks has those "wings" where the loops go making it look a bit bigger, if it is or not... I never really noticed. I used to own one a long time ago, its hard to tell. I am going to say, based upon your pistol that they are going to be pretty much the same size.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really depends on your firearm. The holster is made around an actual model of your gun. So, they are probably really close. However, Milt Sparks has those "wings" where the loops go making it look a bit bigger, if it is or not... I never really noticed. I used to own one a long time ago, its hard to tell. I am going to say, based upon your pistol that they are going to be pretty much the same size.
How would you compare it to the Milt Sparks in terms of quality and detail?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been doing leather work for along time. I have looked at Milt Sparks holster they are very well made. You want go wrong there! Here is a holster I finished up today. It is a custom IWB tuckable. IMG_0071[1].jpg

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you can afford it, buy both!

There is a reason the VMII is the most popular holster ever made: it just plain works. I own one for each of my primary carry guns and am slowly acquiring them for all the others.

Now, Rocky's holsters are causing quite the stir - and the ability to run the same rig IWB or OWB is hard to beat.

With the popularity of both these holsters - if you buy both, no matter which one you pick you won't have any trouble quickly getting your money back out of the other one!

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd pick the Pure Kustom, without any hesitation... The ability to adjust the cant and wear it either IWB or OWB, makes it two holsters... It leaves so many more carry options it's an easy decision...

Call Rocky and don't look back...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pure Kustom is a top notch holster...and Rocky is a great guy... plus a lot less wait time for one of Rocky's holsters... I had one for a 1911 and there were a few times I actually forgot I was carrying a gun...top grade holster..Robbie

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I didn't vote in the poll... I have several VM-IIs and they are excellent holsters, NO regrets at all but... the Pure Kustom holsters I've seen are VERY nice looking and I'm dying to try one! :yup:

I know, I just threw mud in the water! :rofl:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way and it may only be the pictures but is the Pure Kustom Black Ops Bulkier compared to the Milt Sparks? Maybe it is because the Black Ops is pre curved? I love the way both of them look but i am just thinking I want southing that is small and thin.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I've carried Sparks' VM2 for years, and they fit me like a glove. But wait until you see the craftsmanship of Pure Kustom. They are a work of art. Since you need both an IWB and OWB, I'd recommend the Black Ops Pro.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've carried Sparks' VM2 for years, and they fit me like a glove. But wait until you see the craftsmanship of Pure Kustom. They are a work of art. Since you need both an IWB and OWB, I'd recommend the Black Ops Pro.
Wouldn't the Black Ops suffice my need for IWB and OWB.

Also when you say work of art, do you mean the craftsmanship on the leather holster or do you mean if I get a imprint or picture on the front. The reason being is that I may or may not get something on the front.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Wouldn't the Black Ops suffice my need for IWB and OWB.

Also when you say work of art, do you mean the craftsmanship on the leather holster or do you mean if I get a imprint or picture on the front. The reason being is that I may or may not get something on the front.
Double duty is one of the Black Ops best traits. There are several "combo" holsters out there, but nothing I've found that works as well inside as outside the waistband. The work of art is the holster itself. Rocky does every step himself and to very high standards. If you want artwork, he's also the best, but it ain't cheap! Nothing of quality is.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Both are awesome holsters. I own a VM II for my Glock 27 and a Black Ops for my 19/23. IMO the Black Ops is a little more comfortable IWB because it doesn't have a metal band in the mouth for retention. The way that Rocky molds the holster, you don't need a metal band. The mouth stays open and retention is AWESOME.

Also the IWB/OWB ability is a huge plus. I say go with the Black Ops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts