Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading cuban11182’s post and others I decided to give the hybrid holster making a try.
I ordered some .08 and .125 kydex from KnifKits.com and made a press from scrap foam and plywood.
Here is my first attempt.

I started out with a much bigger piece of leather but kept cutting it down till I had it were I wanted it.
It is very comfortable and makes my Glock 19 just about disappear. I plan on making some black Kydex clips from the .125 kydex I also bought to replace the silver clips. They work great but if I end up tucking it, they are kind of obvious

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have worn it all day yesterday and am wearing it now.
I have not had any problems with it, I don’t carry while at work, but because the holster does not collapse when the gun is out, and I just leave it on and only have to put my pistol in when I leave the building. I was removing my leather holster after getting to work then had to put it on at lunch and when leaving. This makes it much easier.
The retention is great, but a firm pull pops it out with no loss in draw speed. I cut the leather back so I get a full grip when drawing. I wear an undershirt with an untucked polo over it so I did not need a large sweat shield. I did treat the leather with Sno-Seal to make it shed sweat a little better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts