Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was another home invasion that was on the news tonight. Story is that a couple was at home and a suspect knocked on the door. Husband answered the door and the suspect forced his way in and shot the husband twice and the left. No one else was hurt. The husband was taken to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. Although I have a ccw I catch myself answering my door when ever someone knocks or my dog starts barking without my gun on me or near by. Sad that we live in a world where now you need a gun to just answer your own door:frown:. Now I have decided to start carrying conceal around my house every night when I get home from work. Because I don't want to be a victim.

Gregg

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds like the break in and shooting may have been planned and not a random act of violence. Hopefully, the shooter is apprehended. Glad to hear the home owner will recover from injuries.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I always tuck a gun in my back pocket or in my front lounge pants pocket when there is a knock at my door. I wish it didn't have to be that way but I am not going to kid myself either.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There was another home invasion that was on the news tonight. Story is that a couple was at home and a suspect knocked on the door. Husband answered the door and the suspect forced his way in and shot the husband twice and the left. No one else was hurt. The husband was taken to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. Although I have a ccw I catch myself answering my door when ever someone knocks or my dog starts barking without my gun on me or near by. Sad that we live in a world where now you need a gun to just answer your own door:frown:. Now I have decided to start carrying conceal around my house every night when I get home from work. Because I don't want to be a victim.

Gregg
'We live in a world NOW',.............. Neighbor , my grandfather taught my father and me that you never answer your door , or go anywhere , without being armed . I'm 66 . This isn't a recent thing . It's just that more folks are discovering reality . The cops are only minutes away when seconds count .

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Every household needs to have a set way of dealing with everyday security issues like this. If everyone is not on the same page , there is a potential for things like this to happen. Its EVERYWHERE nowadays, but most people still have their heads in the sand in denial.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
IF i should choose to open the door, my firearm is always in hand.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
I observe before approaching the doors and I have a clear path back to my saferoom/bedroom for an easily available firearm if I dont like who's at the door and can grab it if necessary.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Forced his way in, shot the husband twice, and left doesn't sound like a home invasion to me. That sounds more like a targeted shooting.
I agree. There is more to this story.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Sounds like a jilted husband coming to shoot his wife's new boyfriend.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I always wonder how many "home invasion" situations are really random, and not drug, drug money, or revenge motivated by a perp who "knows something" about the "victim". :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I always wonder how many "home invasion" situations are really random, and not drug, drug money, or revenge motivated by a perp who "knows something" about the "victim". :icon_neutral:
you would think if the perp went to all that trouble is now wanted for attempted murder and slew of other charges it would have been for something.........I guess he could of decided that it was a bad idea and aborted but it doesn't hold water....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Wife and I have an agreement to ALWAYS have a gun in hand when the doorbell rings.

·
Registered
932 Posts
News story linky thingy????

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I use what is probably a standard procedure for those of us who follow gun forums. Because our front door is beveled glass on the top half, I installed a reasonably heavy security door with additional dead bolt. I can still see out of it well enough for recognition. From dusk until dawn porch light is on and security door does not get opened unless I/we know the individual and the recognition process is done with gun in hand. I also position myself where I can see both the front and rear door.

Reactions: BadgerJ
1 - 20 of 37 Posts