Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CCW for Maine Yesterday. It has been a long time in the works. I have a Kimber Custom II, a Russian SKS and a 10/22. I hope to get a Glock 27 or 29 soon as well as something on an AR platform.
I've enjoyed reading through the posts here.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
welcome.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome from the south.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi yoshi - and welcome :smilez:

Great you have your CCW now and sounds like you have some ''plans'' :wink: I expect the Kimber will be your very serviceable carry for a while yet.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
welcome Yoshi........stop in the Trading Post sometime and look me up.......

·
Registered
753 Posts
Howdy from Texas

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum sir. I had my CC permit in Maine for a number of years.(I lived in the western mts.) With the Maine permit it is very easy to get your N.H. permit. Call the state(NH) and they will send you the info. No prints or picture needed, and it's very cheap. (Unless things have changed) Then go see Class3NH down in Kittery for some "tools of the trade". Again welcome. -------

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P95Carry said:
Hi yoshi - and welcome :smilez:

...sounds like you have some ''plans'' :wink: I expect the Kimber will be your very serviceable carry for a while yet.
It is odd getting used to the hunk of metal on my side. I know I've read that you and others carry all day everyday (16/7 or 24/7) but it might be instructive if there was a method to working up to that, and one could build the confidence that they aren't printing, and that people aren't staring at the bulge. The Kimber seems huge (on day 2).

·
Registered
49 Posts
:wave: Welcome from Kentucky :wave:

I to have issues with, thinking the weapon is showing and because I know where it is and I'm looking for it, and it feels like 2 ton tessi on my side, I'm paranoid. The way I got over that was, I just decided to throw it on and go to Wal-Mart, just to see how many people were staring, and to my surprise, I was the only one who knew it was there. Make sure to eat some nacho's while your there to! I carry a Glock 23 IWB at around 4:00. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have and enjoy your new CCW!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
IMO,CC is a way of life. You wear the proper clothes. You train yourself to say,or not say the proper things. You bend and twist a certin way. You learn how to keep your distance from others.(no hugs,friendly pats or slaps,pushes or pulls and etc.) You do what you can do outta respect to others and to maintain the level of secracy that is important in CCW. You never want to do anything to make even a family member ask the dreaded question. "HEY,you gotta gun??" Other than that go about your life in a calm,cool manner and (as I do) don't care what anybody can see or what they think that they can see. After a time of CCW you'll realize that nobody looks and nobody cares. ------

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome from around Portland! I joined just last week. possibly going down to the Kittery Trading post tonight to pick up another gun! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Yoshi welcome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.