Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting to all from MN. :wave:

Received not only my CCW permit this year, but also became certified to instruct as well. Saturday, 8 July, will be my first official class for the MN CCW.

I have 17 years in the MN and ND National Guard, spent a little time on active duty after 9/11. Some on border security and some in Kosovo. As of May 2006, I am now a Military Police officer.

Next week I will be taking the Level II course from www.f-r-i.com. Not only will I be taking the course, but I will be taking the instructor portion so I can teach the course as well. We discussed it with my guard unit. As it is eligible for 30 hours of POST training, they are helping pick up the tab. I get to bring it back to the unit and teach it.

Hobbies include, Service Rifle Competition, Hunting, Fishing and family

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are going to do your part to put more permit holders on the street. That's good. As you instruct you'll learn as well.

Personally I have a Sears tool box that I keep my instructor props in. It is the box that has multiple levels and a bunch of compartments. A tackle box would work as well. I keep stuff like, cleaning supplies, cleaning tools, brass from different calibers, ear plugs, spare magazines and so on in it. I also teach shotgun and rifle so there are props for those courses as well.

Best

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
welcome

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts