Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm involved in so many other forums, I don't know why I didn't look for one like this before. This is really great and am excited to be a new member. I currenly live in Seattle, and have been out of the Army now for 2 1/2 years (7 yrs of service). I spent most of the time in infantry and artillery units as a combat medic (91B then 91W). I own a Sig P220, two tone in 45, and just purchased the springfield XD 45 service model. I have only been carrying for about a year now, but hope that I can add to this forum. Thanks go to the moderators for providing this for us.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Sapper - welcome :smilez: and thank you for your service.

220 eh - that'll do :wink: The XD-45 too - will also be fine as forum entry material. You'll notice a huge 1911 following but don't feel awkward - I dont! :18:

·
Super Moderator
23,586 Posts
Welcome, Sapper 987! Thanks for serving the USA! :usflag:

Feel welcome - great place! A coupl of of 1911 fans here! (teh he)

From N. Texas, anyway - glad you found CC. BTW - Chris never sleeps.:stups:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Washington is a beautiful state. Just a little damp along the coast.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welome from Idaho

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I must say that I am definately pleased with the XD. It was a real leap of faith to buy a $469 gun without shooting it first. The only negative aspect is the trigger pull is a little heavy, but a little work from the local gunsmith should take care of that.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome sir,and thanks for serving this country that we all love.
Another .45 man(like me). You must have a pretty wife and smart kids also. Jump in with both feet. You'll never be completely right.....BUT.....you wont ever be totally wrong either. Again,welcome.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Welcome Sapper

:usflag::wave::usflag:
Happy To Have You Here.
This is a very Member Friendly Forum.
Join Right In.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome! Can't ever have too many FNG's :biggrin2:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum, but be warned you will hear from the 1911 people. They aren't dangerous just obsessed.:image035: :wink: Just humor them.
:haha:

All kidding aside, I believe that after a few days here you will find most of the other forums you visit taking much less of your time. Glad to have you and jump right in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
welcome fellow soggy seattlelite
For all i know, ive seen you at a local range. Which ones do you frequent? I usually go to wades indoor just because they are so close to me(but expensive):para: :smilygifs1076:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well I am just North of you in Vancouver, I did not realize that the US military used the term sapper, I thought it was only a Commonwealth term?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.