Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I think that most good people are just that....good people that will try to avoid conflict until there is absolutely no choice but to be engaged in it.

Since mostly all legit firearms owners/CCW people are good people, I think that the addition of carrying a weapon just makes such people conscious of avoiding trouble, which before CCW'ing, was an unconscious pattern of behavior.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
P95Carry said:
(SNIP)
All they seem to consider is <horror> citizens walking around - eek - ''with a gun''. (SNIP)
Now isn't that the unfortunate truth!

I spent my Christmas night at a friend's house with her family (which included her very attractive 30-something single daughter.) Present was a very sweet older lady (mid to late 60's?) who sat on my left side at dinner. Earlier in the evening my friend announced to her family that I was a cop....no biggie there since my friend worked for the state investigative agency, FDLE.....

....fast forward back to dinner. The very kindly lady asked me if I was a cop. I replied "federal agent." She then asked me if I carried a gun. I replied "yes." She countered with...loaded?...with real bullets? I sort of chuckled...."uh, yes."

She seemed really unnerved with the prospect that someone would: 1) carry a gun, 3) have it loaded, and 3) carry live ammo....yikes....I'm glad she didn't "spot" my Kahr PM9 which was concealed in a Smart Carry holster.

She was a very, very nice lady but very much a :sheep:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.