Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little bored and started looking back at the older post in the Forum. There's some good reading here!

From a thread started in January, several people told of a change in how they conducted themselvs since they began carrying concealed weapons.

It seems that they developed a tendency towards avoiding potential confrontations, largely due to the responsibility that comes with CCW.

Anyone who might not have read or posted in that thread notice a similar change in themselves? It sounds like an unexpected (to some) side-benifit to the 2nd Ammendment.

mm

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason I brought this subject up was that I was struck by the lack of an "Now I can go anywhere without fear," attitudes from those who carry.

And what I gathered to be many, who have come to realize that since they now carry "half the power of God,*" that avoiding potential confrontation is even more of a concious process than before.

I'm seeing this as a good thing, something akin to an additional level of maturity.

* Anyone can take a life, but none among us can then restore it.

I suppose my point is that I very glad I found a forum that doesn't support a large population of "gunslinger" attitudes. Mostly real people talking about getting through life in the real world.

mm

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, and R. Heinlein was quite right about quite a few other things, as well. :yup:

Its a more "polite" society in my way of thinking, in that I don't avoid a confrontation because I think the other person might be armed, I avoid the confrontation because I know I am armed and don't wish to be put in the postition of possibly having to end a confrontation with deadly force, through a process of idiotic escalation.

FYI, another of his sayings is my personal favorite, "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." :image035:

mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.