Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had picked up the wife from her volunteer gig yesterday, and we were headed home. A Bradley County Sheriff car pulls in behind us, then after awhile lights me up. I have no idea why at this point.

I pull over. open window, keeping hands visible. He asks if I'm aware my registration tag had expired. Nope. (truth!) We moved one county to another last year, and the notice must not have caught up to us.

He asks for my DL, and before reaching I tell him I have an HCP, with a weapon on my hip, and ask his permission before reaching near it to get my wallet.

He was completely calm, thanked me for informing him (not a statute in TN) and asked for my HCP as well.

At that point he saw a brochure for a motorcycle on the seat I picked up while waiting on my wife. (someday I'll get a new one!).

We ended up talking bikes for a few minutes, and then he handed everything back and advised me to get the reg fixed Monday.

Cool young officer. :yup:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Sounds like a pleasant stop...don't those things expire on your birthday?:blink::22a:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Not in TN. Expire on the anniversary of the date of registration.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That's how it always ought to be! :yup:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I hope my first one goes as well. I kinda wonder what the officer will think when he ask me where my weapon is and I tell him. I have two, I have one in my front pocket and one on my right hip @ about four o'clock. :blink:

I've always wondered how the LEO's feel about civilians carrying more than one pistol..

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
That's the way it should go. Well handled by both parties.

Just hope my first (if I ever have one) goes as well.

It should be especially interesting if I'm driving my car with Canadian (B.C.) plates!

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's the way it should go. Well handled by both parties.

Just hope my first (if I ever have one) goes as well.

It should be especially interesting if I'm driving my car with Canadian (B.C.) plates!
There has to be a "story" here ) observing your sig :hah

Puffer

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like a clear cut stop.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good job by both of you.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Glad to hear you had a positive encounter...knowing you are already stressed, getting a ticket would have been a real downer!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
COOL! So what bike you looking at? :image035:
Buying a new bike is So far off right now, nothing specific. I happened to be drooling over the Yamaha Star line that day just for something to do. Right now I just work hard to keep my 25 year old Virago reliable! The Road Star fits me like a glove though, so maybe one day I'll find a deal on a nice used one.

Glad to hear you had a positive encounter...knowing you are already stressed, getting a ticket would have been a real downer!
No kidding. I have to check couch cushions today to scrape together the money to re-register! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Great interaction. Hope you get registered asap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts