Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this S.A. last week, and couldn't say no with it's price (and having a "black powder frame" which I've never seen on these models before). It's an "Evil Roy" (I generally don't like having a "name" on my guns, but I can live with this one) model built by Uberti and imported by Cimarron. It's LNIB and doesn't appear to have been fired except for the three chambers fired at the factory. Supposedly these (and other "special" models) go thru Cimarron gunsmith's to enhance their triggers and timing. The front sight blade is widened from .55" to .125" and the rear notch in the frame is widened appropriately, the stocks are thinned to the "gunfighter" profile. I've been working the action since Tuesday and there is no bolt drag on the cylinder at all, the only marking is a slight drag on the lead-in to the locking notch, it's the way all S.A.'s should be, but very few are, it's timing is prefect. The Uberti's come with the "Swiss Safe"
Originated by Hammerli on their Virginian Single Action revolvers the cylinder base pin is elongated with two positions for the base pin latch. By placing the hammer at half cock, the base pin latch is depressed and the base pin pushed in to the second notch. In this position, the base pin protrudes through the frame and blocks the hammer from forward movement.
I replaced that base pin with an original Colt pin. With it being a "black powder" frame I thought it would look good with a "bullseye" ejector rod like those that were used by Colt until 1884, so, I fit one I had. Anyway, enough yapping.
Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Wood Gas Magenta Gun accessory Recreation

Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
6,875 Posts
Super nice. Never had a SA 45 but might remedy that in the next year.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
11,233 Posts
Nice pistol.
Cimarron does a nice job on their pistols.
I used to have a U.S.V. Artillery pistol in .45LC with a 5.5 inch barrel.
It was a great shooter. Plus they are finished here in the Great State of Texas.

Reactions: OD* and Wild Onion

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
Fine looking shooter there, OD, congratulations. Should be fun!

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Wow, very nice! Why is it that I suddenly feel the urge to visit my Local firearm emporium?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts