Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! Yep, just proud to be here!! :smile: I have been learning from all of you here for a little while, so I decided to go ahead and join, and continue to listen and learn.

It did take me a while to get my CCL, as I had my prints rejected twice, once by the State of Texas. and then by the FBI. But, after about 4 1/2 months, I did finally get that sucker!

Carrying will be a completely new thing for me, and I am looking forward to reaching that point soon, not to be a "big boy", but to know I have Constitutionally allowed protection instantly available, if, and only if, I need it.

I do already have the pistol I plan to carry, and that is a Sig P229R .40cal/.357sig. - note the Avatar :smile: I believe that fits the description of what someone here says - - "it is a big gun when you carry it, and it is a big gun when you take it out"!

I don't have a holster yet. I do plan to carry IWB, and after a lot of looking here, and after listening to a lot of holster reviews and comments, I have decided on the Comp-Tac MTAC holster. I like the looks of it, I like the adjustable features for cant and retention, and I like the fact the Kydex extends to cover the barrel completely. I ordered the MTAC yesterday, with an eight day projected completion!!

I am glad to be a part of this group, and I am looking forward to meeting each of you as these great discussions continue on the forum!

Robert

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to it!

And as far as the holsters go....you will soon have a drawer full of them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to DC from SC :wave::wave:.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Clarksville, TN!!!

The Gateway to the New South!!!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

Congrats on the permit. :hand10:

GBK

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Glad to have you aboard - New Mexico sayin' hello!!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.