Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been on CC for a while but finally decided to introduce my self. I was recommended from TheFiringLine and I must say this is by far the friendliest gun forum I've visited. I'm 20 and getting married in May. I just found out there is a shooting range across the street from where we will live. Guess I know where most of my spending $$$ will be spent. Maybe I can get a job there or a nearby gunstore.

I'm not much of a hunter and my interests in firearms lean more towards CCWs, self defense, and historical/military. I have a GLOCK 26 and a Ruger MK II (actually they're my fiance's b/c she's 21). I also have 2 870s, a Remington .22 and a Springfield .410. I will take my CHL class in May and hopefully I can start competing in handgun competitions when I get a GLOCK 17.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - better late than never Ryan :wink:

So - formally - welcome :smilez:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome--

What part of Texas? I'm near Pittsburg.

·
Super Moderator
24,214 Posts
Welcome from North Texas! You'll love the G17 - got one myself, wife has a G26. Your lady friend "has" a nice collection too!

Congrats on the pending marriage too!

·
Super Moderator
25,571 Posts
welcome to the forum, and thanks for registering.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P95Carry-yeah I'm a little late.
bdsnooks- I'm in Waco and No I'm not a Branch Davidean:smile:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the marriage to be. really , best thing I ever done...dual income=more toys. heheehe
just put the glock down and get a 1911, it's ok everyone does it...sooner or later.
Glad you are here, if you love cc and defending yourself, your family ,and your rights...this is a great place to sit and chat.
again welcome

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It certainly is a great forum. I've learned so much here. And I do intend to get a 1911, I'm in love with Kimber's Tactical series especially the Pro II. After a GLOCK 17 that will be my next handgun. GLOCK and 1911 are my favorite platforms.

Yeah my bride-to-be is great, and too beautiful for me. She even tolerates my gun addiction!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Registered
336 Posts
75 im down Athens,Tx way. I may be over your way next month. Congrats on the up-coming wedding.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And, Congrats on the up coming wedding too.
Ya know, she might become more than tolerant of your gun habit some day.
I sprung a little “gift” on my wife one day. It was a Henry Rifle. A youth .22 version. (It was actually for my 12 year old son, but a 12 year old can’t “own” a gun so she was to be the legal owner.) Well, her eyes lit up, and she has been my best shooting partner ever since. (She actually talked me into my Kimber when I was starting to waver over $$.)
So, this could turn out good for you. Just don’t wait 18 years like I did.

·
Registered
262 Posts
'75Scout - welcome aboard. Do you have an old "binder," or just a fan of IH? Lots of great folks here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.