Defensive Carry banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Please. A civil war? The left could not even win with their own secret police force, the FBI, doing everything they could to change the outcome of an election and later to overthrow a duly elected president. The left tries everything they can. Problem is, they have no ability to get anything done. Losers. Can you imagine what freedom minded people could do if they had the entire media, all of social media, all of the corrupt federal "law" enforcement agency known as the FBI, all the gov't agencies like the state dept, etc at their disposal? The democrats have all of that and they can't win. Grind the liberals into the dirt where they belong. Without outside support, mainly troops, arms and money from places like Russia and the ChiComs, they can win nothing nor take anything with violence. The American electorate is doing fine. Keep voting against Dems. Vote out RINO scum. Remember that the FBI is merely the dem equivalent to the KGB. All we have to do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
People keep talking about this as if is were some disease we have no control over. If right-thinking people would just get involved in the political process, or at least just VOTE, this would not be a problem. Only about 61% of eligible voters voted in 2016 and only about 54% in 2018. We still have the numbers to win, we just aren't using them.

If everyone who wanted to put this right were contacting their representatives all the time, helping with campaigns they support and getting to the polls without fail. I'm tired of all the excuses:
  • "My reps are already to the left, so it won't make any difference." Wrong. Even if they still vote the same way, reps who are getting pressure from the other side tend not fight as hard for stuff significant numbers of their constituents are against.
  • "My vote won't make a difference." Wrong. Elections nowadays are swayed by smaller and smaller margins and politicians know it.
  • "My conservative rep 'betrayed' me by a couple of statements they made or a vote or two I didn't like, so I'm just not voting, or voting for some third party spoiler who has no chance of winning." Wrong. That just hands the power to the other side. I attended a speech by the late, great conservative thinker William F. Buckley, Jr. He said, "The only intelligent vote for a thinking conservative is for the most conservative candidate who has a chance of winning."
  • "I vote my wallet." That's BS. Elected officials actually have much less to do with the economy than we citizens at large do. It's our rights are we should be worried about. Without the Constitution, we will have an economy like Venezuela. How will your wallet feel about that?
If you want to keep your rights, get involved. It is not too late to avoid both tyranny and bloodshed. I see a lot more moaning about the political situation here than calls to action. I think some gun owners like the idea of a shooting civil war more than the idea of getting off their backsides.
Just my opinion, but I am tired of contacting my reps and senators that just ignore me. Time and time again. It has become obvious that the oligarchy is against us. Representatives, senators, federal and state, judges at all levels, agencies and their bureaucrats, all are giving us the finger, while they are making back room deals to set themselves up to survive a coming civil war and socio-economic collapse.

We are on our own...

I don't want a civil war, but right now, short of a nationwide spiritual revival, that is our destiny.

·
Registered
119 Posts
BTW, a lame duck Trump worries me a bit. He already has shown a tendency to embrace gun control. Popular opinion and re-election have kept him at bay. Once he is lame duck, all bets are off, IMO.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Regarding beating the British, it's important to remember that the rebels had the support of the French in both supplies and training. We would likely have lost without their aid.

As for the shift in demographics, it is a fact and there is no denying it. Conservatives need to take a much longer viewpoint than we have been if we expect to be able to shape policy. We need to focus on educating the masses to the realities of life. This must be done in spite of the strangle hold the left has on our education system. I believe the internet will be the most viable battleground for this struggle in the near future and until the scales can be tipped in our favor.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the last presidential election that wasn't the most important election of our lives?
Perhaps more to the point, can anyone describe a presidential election in which we have been able to fully support one candidate (or party), rather than just voting against the worst of the choices?

I've voted in every national election since 1972 and I can't recall a single one that wasn't a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils.

It would be very refreshing to have a candidate and platform that I can support unequivocally, but it has been a long time since the only perfect man ever born was nailed to a cross (and I'm sure the news media of the time vilified Him just as thoroughly).

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I might not understand how the FBI top-end operates, for instance, can the President not replace these stupid nasty people who are running the FBI now, with honest smart people? He replaced the head of the CIA did he not.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Demographics:
I think if you look at the metrics of employment, food stamps and minority owned businesses, people of color are doing far better after three years of Trump than they were after forty years on the democrat government teat. I don't think they are ready to go back to the way things were, which is exactly what will happen if the Dems regain the WH.

The Dems have taken these people for granted at election time, paying no more than lip service to their issues. With Trump, they have seen positive improvements and I think they like it.

I believe the number of minority conservatives has increased greatly. We'll see in about thirteen months if I'm correct.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I too suspect the number of minority conservatives has increased, but I don’t think it’s enough to turn the pattern.

The success of minorities, such as black employment rates, have improved under Trump. But how many are willing to say it was conservative policies that did this? How many will say they did it all on their own despite Trump? How many will give credit to Obama, believing it just took time for his work to bear fruit? The depth of resentment against conservatives runs pretty deep and a couple good years alone won’t likely turn that around or even achieve a parity split between parties.

Another 4 years may help, but I’m skeptical that decades of D loyalty will suddenly change after one R pres.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Boy, that's a good question. The Blexit movement, led by such as Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Walter Williams, and Thomas Sowell, to name a few, are having an impact via social media but it is difficult if not impossible to put a number to how many are being converted. I think it will take quite some time to get their message disseminated thoroughly. We are still at the beginning of the education process.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
The problem I see with the blexit movement is the leaders are mostly of intellectuals of a similar pattern, and thus their message isn’t yet penetrating communities who aren’t exposed to them or who denigrate them with slavery era name calling.

Further, single mothers probably don’t want to listen to anyone who is going to cause them to question abortion and the impact of fatherless homes. These are uncomfortable subjects many just don’t want to think about.

It’s a good start , though.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Graydude, I agree with you regarding Blexit. We need more black people like Diamond and Silk who are conservative.

https://www.diamondandsilk.com

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Changing minds is a challenge! There is another problem; too many people are disinclined to get involved with politics and I have to admit the learning curve can be steep, especially for those who have ignored it for most of their lives. It is also requires a good portion of your time to stay informed about the continuing battles. That is time in addition to your job and family. It takes a bit of dedication to willfully give up your relaxation and entertainment time to get involved with relentless contention. Too many just don't care.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts