Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I became interested in CCW about 6 months ago. At that time, I was mugged TWICE in one month. That was it for me, got my CCW and here I am. I've been shooting all my life, but had never considered getting a CCW.

Just finsihing up my time in the Air Force, will be working as a EMT while I test for the fire department.

I was a Glock guy up until a few months ago, now I'm a die hard 1911 fan - so if there are any 1911 guys here in Vegas that want to go shooting, let me know. I'm a member at Desert Sportsmans.

Also starting to get back into AR-15's, I got a little burned out with them while on active duty.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome. Sorry it is unfortunate events that have led you to the wrld of concealed carry, but you're among friends now.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Hi Scot45....I'm sorry to read about your having been mugged. I don't think I could live in LV after walking around the strip this past week while attending the SHOT Show....I witnessed too many knuckleheads on the streets.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Scot and welcome :smilez:

Glad indeed you have gone CCW - nowhere is really too guaranteed from trouble after all. acparmed here is in Vegas too, plus two or three other members.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Always welcome 1911 fan, so Welcome

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome, Scott ... John, in "Henderson, of course"..:wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gys for the warm welcome. It is sad that I had to get mugged to bring me into the wonderful CCW world, but I'm almost glad it happened. I have met a whole new group of shooters, plus it got me back into pistol shooting and I'm realizing much I enjoy it.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Wecome to the forum.

I will be at American Shooters on Spring Mountain and Arville Tomorrow, Wednesday, at about 5:30PM if you'd like to drop by and shoot a few rounds.

I'll be wearing a grey NRA Instructor cap and a brown leather jacket.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Scot,
Also very sorry to hear about your misadventures:frown: , but as mentioned previously you're among friends now.. glad to have another Vegas hand onboard:yup:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
welcome...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.