1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I don't know what to make of the whole ordeal.

Could just be California going after the Sheriff because she will issue a permt. I also know I would make a contribution to a California Sheriff that would issue permits.

I don't know how they have their whole, Sheriff, Chief of Police, DA arrangement set up, I use to live there.
I would not be surprised if the Chief of Police and DA were pissed at the Sherriff because she would issue a permit.

Reactions: NavCop

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything is possible, it's California. If I remember correctly, Santa Clara county is a tough one to get a permit in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Contra Costa country has a similar pay to play scheme ran by the sheriff. If you're not a member of his "charity" organization, odds are you won't qualify for his standard of needing CCW. If I recall, the group is called "the five hundred club"

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is a textbook reason why SHALL issue is how CCW permits should be issued. MAY issue is just asking for abuse, like this, which has been used by elected sheriffs for decades. Same problem in CA as other shall issue states.

And that idea in (Seattle?) where the county's supervisors think that the sheriff should no longer be an elected office, that the supervisors can pick a better one who will answer to them... No No No!!! Just another power grab for other elected officials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts