Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend shot an antelope yesterday and I offered to let him use my meat grinder. I dropped it off in the AM today and he called me up later asking if I could help him turn it into sausage.

His soon to be wife is from Maine so we did a batch of maple syrup sausage. I cannot get the smell off my hands, but I am not complaining either.

When we finished up he gave me the tenderloins which have been sitting in an apple smoked rub and he fed me dinner.

20191020_232340.jpg

20191020_232450.jpg

20191020_233605.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Everything is better with Maine Maple Syrup. :yup:
Yes, the real deal not the fake log cabin crap.
I like going out for breakfast at my favorite cafe here in town on weekends.
I bring my own syrup for my flap jacks. My waitress did not understand why until I let her taste.
Surprised how many people have never tasted the real deal.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Maple syrup is real. Maple flavored syrup is mostly corn syrup, made from genetically modified corn. If you want faux maple syrup you can make your own, cheaper, out of cane sugar and water and maple extract.

We use real maple syrup!

With apologies for roaming off topic:

Another peeve of mine is when you order a large salad for your dinner entree and ask for olive oil and lemons to make your own dressing. Sometimes they will bring that ghastly "salad oil" from their salad bar. That stuff tastes like sewing machine oil, or worse! I had that happen once (at a restaurant that thought it was a great place to eat) and the waitress had to go back to the kitchen to get me some real olive oil from a SMALL bottle that they use only for a few special dishes. Ever since then I've brought my own extra virgin, first cold press, olive oil with me for the rare occasions that we dine out.

Back on topic: The sausage sounds like it will be fantastic!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts