1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
34,068 Posts
They should be more careful of for what they wish.

Reactions: hogdaddy

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Reminds me of the movies and photos we were shown during drivers ed classes in High School (late ‘60s). The idea being that the images would remind us how potentially deadly automobile accidents could be and that we needed to be attentive responsible drivers. Not saying I agree with what they are proposing.....just giving a somewhat similar perspective.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
Photography and video are extremely powerful tools. The students are correct that it can change people's minds. Think about the horrific image of the naked girl burned by napalm in Viet Nam. I bet there are very few people in the United States who have not seen that image. It has stayed with me forever. I won't post the image here, but here's a link to an article with the photo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
There is a fine line between presenting fact and spinning fact into propaganda. Those who wish to push an agenda are very well aware that controlling what the people see and hear (especially when they are young!) influences the beliefs and opinions of the whole of society.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
There is a fine line between presenting fact and spinning fact into propaganda. Those who wish to push an agenda are very well aware that controlling what the people see and hear (especially when they are young!) influences the beliefs and opinions of the whole of society.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

·
Premium Member
33,813 Posts
I've seen pictures of defenseless people that have been shot.

It's one of the reasons I carry.
That right there. I'm pretty sure the reason the New Zealand mosque video has been so suppressed is that people watching it will quickly realized how truly helpless unarmed victims are against people shooting them. That would quickly lead reasonable, pragmatic people to conclude that more gun restrictions won't make anyone except violent criminals any safer.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
So, they were not even in school there at the time of the shooting but they feel entitled to lecture the world on what to do about it. Uh huh.
They were not even born.

The likelihood of a child being killed by a mass murderer in school is so infinitesimally small, they'd be better off buying a lottery ticket. Oh, wait, they're too young to buy lotto tickets.

They are way more likely to die in a car crash. You don't see them protesting about cell phone use while driving.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.

Joseph Goebbels
There will be stories written about MSM's bid lie: Trump colluded with Russia to win the Presidency.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I've seen pictures of defenseless people that have been shot.

It's one of the reasons I carry.
Yes. It may not have the effect they intend, if it ever actually happens.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
That right there. I'm pretty sure the reason the New Zealand mosque video has been so suppressed is that people watching it will quickly realized how truly helpless unarmed victims are against people shooting them. That would quickly lead reasonable, pragmatic people to conclude that more gun restrictions won't make anyone except violent criminals any safer.
I've seen a lot on the streets and in the alleys...I wish I hadn't watched the NZ video...anyone who DID watch it would have to reconsider an anti-gun attitude.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
What if they realized that the shooting at their school occured after the "assault weapons ban" and none of the proposed laws would have changed that.

Reactions: sdprof

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I agree with making their own choices. AND it will be proven that 100% of them that died at the hand of guns, were unarmed and probably in a "gun-free" zone.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,251 Posts
Sure, and let's show them pictures of two AZ LEOs who were murdered (failing to pay attention while driving is not "accidental", just unintentional) by distracted drivers within the past 6 weeks. Let's show the faces of all teenaged drivers who have kiiled people with their vehicles along with gruesome pictures of their victims. Let's "raise awareness."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts