Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Irrelevant/undecided/no opinion/etc

Votes: 5 3.1%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks, what do you think of us compiling a Nationwide list of Anti-RKBA businesses?

Not just to duplicate http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15 but also include more local and regional businesses.

If you like the idea, please post the name of the businesses and a short description/documentation of the corporate policy, or post a link to a site where such documentation is maintained by a Pro-RKBA organization.

See: Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

Please do not post individual experiences with "local" outlets where some local employee got corporate policy wrong.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Great idea, but we don’t have any in Florida because it holds no legal reifications should you choose to carry in a business that post.

But there are those who do searches and will make you return to your car and leave it there if they should discover you’re armed.

Those include Disney, Universal Orlando, Bush Gardens and Sea World. I’ve carried inside all of these and their searches are poorly done.

Most concerts do searches, but they are poorly done.

Again, even if they find you armed all they can do is deny you access to their private property.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I like this idea. I certainly don't want to support businesses or corporations that don't support my RKBA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great idea, but we don’t have any in Florida because it holds no legal reifications should you choose to carry in a business that post.
Although Utah is the same way, I'd still find a list interesting. Even tho I CAN go to an "anti" store, I'd prefer to take my business elsewhere if convenient :yup:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
It would be nice to be able to have a list of those who don't want us law abiding owners to do business with them.

Add FedEx to the list. The one we have near my home has a sign posted in their tiny lobby that says, "no firearms allowed in this building. You will be searched."

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Texas?

Texas members

Bumper pointed me to an earlier posting that showed that
Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Contact a Moderator had such a list, for Texas.

However, it seems to require registration.

Do any of you know of a public version or would you be able to do a copy & paste a summary to this thread?

Or see if they will permit a guest link from members logged in here?

dave

·
Registered
564 Posts
It would be nice to be able to have a list of those who don't want us law abiding owners to do business with them.

Add FedEx to the list. The one we have near my home has a sign posted in their tiny lobby that says, "no firearms allowed in this building. You will be searched."
Oh, search me without consent. Please.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Not really, not much anti-gun business crap here in FL, and I'm not a traveler.:blink:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Oh, search me without consent. Please.
Exactly what I thought, unarmed guy searching an armed one? Brilliance there huh? To beat all, the sign is posted on an inside wall that cannot be seen from outside. I discovered it while picking up a package, and almost snapped a pic with my cell phone. I wasn't carrying that day, was headed to the gym, but it has made me think about using FedEx in a different way now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ohioans for Concealed Carry website has a DNPWA link (Do Not Patronize While Armed)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Glendale, AZ has posted the required signage making concealed carry in their establishment illegal ( CC in establishments serving alcohol is legal in AZ starting 9/29 ).

Looks like I won't be dropping $12 for a 4 dollar hamburger ...

That's a shame because a Hawaiian shirts make CC a breeze.

·
Registered
806 Posts
This is a great idea.

While I respect someone's right to their personal property (and their governance thereof), I would like to know where I should perhaps be extra wary should I have to "make entry".

:smoke23:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'd like to see a list, especially for New Mexico. Having just moved to ABQ, I see a LOT of signs against CCW.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Exactly what I thought, unarmed guy searching an armed one? Brilliance there huh? To beat all, the sign is posted on an inside wall that cannot be seen from outside. I discovered it while picking up a package, and almost snapped a pic with my cell phone. I wasn't carrying that day, was headed to the gym, but it has made me think about using FedEx in a different way now.
I would like to see them search a woman with the "bra or garter holster". Can you say sexual harrassment and a few other laws broken. I am not an attorney, but could probably win this one.

Wonder if the 4th amendment protects the 2nd here?

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ask again:

Does this include businesses that prohibit their employees from carrying?
Beats me?

IMHO, we might want to have two sections, if we get enough businesses that prohibit their employees from carrying reported, or come up with some other way to flag them as Anti-RKBA for employees, but not for customers.

I'm looking for a consensus as to what we, as a group want. I'm not a Moderator, Administrator, etc. I just another member who thought we might work together to help each other with information.

If, we start getting more "here's some places that should be on the list" to go with the 90% + who would like to have such a list, I ask Bumper to consider making it a sticky.

Surely some of 100 voters (to date) who want a list have a url of their state's Pro-RKBA's anti gun friendly business list.

Surely some of 100 voters (to date) who want a list know, for sure, that "X" local company is posted.

Anyone out there want it enough to help build it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you see this site?

Friend or Foe - TheSecond.us

It doesn't have enough data yet, but if more of us put in the places where we have carry experiences, good and bad, the rest of us can go there and know what to expect.

I may have learned of this site here or on OpenCarry, I don't recall. But I've used it and find it helpful. I've contributed to it about my local area.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts