Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a carbine back to a Mfg. for repairs a couple of weeks ago.
Thursday I got an E-mail from Fed-X with a tracking number and a delivery date for Friday before end of the day.
At 7PM on Friday I checked the tracking because I had not received it.
Fed-X showed It had been delivered and signed for at 3:51PM on Friday. I did not get it or sign for it.
I called Fed-X customer service at that time and reported it. They where no help except to make a report. They did give me a number of a local office to call Saturday morning.
Called several times before I got someone and again no help. Lady said she would pass it on and someone would contact me shortly.

No one has contacted me so far. It is now 7PM Saturday night.
Since the carbine is on record as belonging to me and is not under my control and Fed-X doesn't know where it is maybe I should report the problem to my local LEO and also ATF.

Any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same thing happened to me about 10 days ago. My problem was that someone had stolen my card number and ordered something under my name but had it delivered to a house across town. I got the delivery notification, but no package. We didn't discover that someone had used my card number until a couple of days later. Same poor response from FedEx that you experienced.

I had to cancel my card and get a new one, which is a total pain. Check your credit card activity carefully and I'd keep a close monitor on it for the next few weeks, especially now that we're entering the holiday shopping season.

Good Luck!

DC

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
FedEx has a copy of the signature of who ever accepted the package. You should be able to access it on the tracking page. If you don't recognize the name, contact your local LEO and FedEx.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FedEx has a copy of the signature of who ever accepted the package. You should be able to access it on the tracking page. If you don't recognize the name, contact your local LEO and FedEx.
According to Fed-X someone signed with my name.
My wife and I were at home waiting for the delivery and we never saw a Fed-X truck on my street and we live mid-point on a dead end street.

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
I would think that the driver would know where he made the delivery. The FED takes theft of/from interstate shipments seriously. Especially a firearm. Contact the shipper/mfg as well as FedEx and LEOs . The shipper may get a quicker response from FedEx and the FED.

·
Administrator
144,147 Posts
Obviously delivered to a wrong address.
Whoever signed for that and then kept it. They are very likely looking at an Interstate theft charges with a few other charges tacked onto that one as well.

I would call your local Police and the Feds & I don't mean Fed-Ex either.

You are in no way at fault here and they will know that.

Once you know WHERE it was actually delivered to....the Police can go there and get it back as stolen merchandise.

Folks should be aware of the fact that if a package is delivered to you incorrectly and you keep it, counts exactly as if you walked into a store and swiped it.

Once, a very expensive item that I purchased (not a firearm) was delivered to my same street name and address but, in a completely different town.

I believe it was the State Police that went to that location and retrieved my item.

For sure...,stay on this and start contacting various authorities.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
According to Fed-X someone signed with my name.
My wife and I were at home waiting for the delivery and we never saw a Fed-X truck on my street and we live mid-point on a dead end street.
It is not that unusual for persons to intercept packages and sign with whatever name is on the package. The manufacture would have insured the package. FedEx should also have a record of who their driver was.

I would most defiantly contact the manufacturer, FedEx and law enforcement. They won't have any answers for you but may if you let them ALL know that local media is very interested in stories about stolen firearms and that will be your course of action unless someone starts helping you pretty darn fast. I doubt you will ever see the gun again but you can go after it on the insurance side.

Good luck.

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I would ask for the driver to verify where the package was physically delivered. Then I would check with your neighbors, at least those within 1-2 houses either side of you or across the street.

If those actions don't turn up the package I would report it stolen to the police and file a claim with Fedex for the value of the firearm.

Taking this to the media would be a bad idea. All those poor little buttercups cowering in fear at election results would probably soil themselves every time the Fedex truck rolled by. Who knows, someone might accidentally deliver a fully automatic assault pistol to them and it might shoot them through the box.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
It wouldn't be the first time Fed Ex had something stolen. Report it ASAP! Not a firearm but I had a package delivered mistakenly to a neighbor who kept it for two days. I made Fed Ex retrieve it. He obviously had no intention to bring a package clearly marked with my name on it 60 yds to my house.

Reactions: Bigsteve113

·
Administrator
144,147 Posts
I would not involve the media. They can twist anything around and you'll get no sympathy from them.
Somehow they will make it all your fault because if you never owned one this would have never happened.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Because it is a firearm I would report it to the police. Don't wait to long. I would let Fed Ex know that you turned it over to the police and I would request the police let Fed Ex know they are looking into it. Good luck and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree... Fed Ex will drag it's feet on any claim unless you add a little heat.. I would go with reporting it to the state police. They seem to take these matters a little more serious.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Go file a police report. Then investigate.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I once had Fed Ex leave a small "signature required" package on...my porch! It was a Springfield Micro Compact .45 that was returning from their Custom Shop following a trigger job. That was about 16 years ago. Since then, I've had ALL my valuable, sensitive packages sent to me, c/o my local bank. I've been a customer for decades, personal friend (and shooting buddy) of the bank president. I've discovered that Fed Ex (drivers?) are hesitant to just dump boxes at...the bank's door! :image035:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I would not involve the media. They can twist anything around and you'll get no sympathy from them.
Somehow they will make it all your fault because if you never owned one this would have never happened.
You don't actually contact the media, just a mention of involving them is enough. No company, even FedEX likes negative PR.
Might at least get you connected to a supervisor.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Signing someone elses name for a delivery is termed "Theft by Conversion", so I would file a report of the crime to my local PD and file an insurance claim with Fed-Ex. (Local LE will send the info to the GBI and it will be processed/enforced by the system).
Keep a copy of the police report and use the insurance money to replace the item.
The rest is not your problem, at all.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts