Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course, the 2A benefits greatly under the new administration. Obviously, the new POTUS is not yet sworn in but I'm curious: does anyone know if Fed-mandated 50-state CC reciprocity (is this even possible, considering states rights?), or perhaps a Federal CC permit has been mentioned or discussed at all?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
696 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reciprocity (like drivers and marriage license) might happen.
Federal CCW, please no.
We don't want a Federal list, Federal standards, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm ok for 50 state reciprocity; given that they stick to basically how it works now...

Big NO for a Fed CCW.

:hand15:

Ahh, OK, I see where you guys are going with this..................... thanks

-

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Of course, the 2A benefits greatly under the new administration. Obviously, the new POTUS is not yet sworn in but I'm curious: does anyone know if Fed-mandated 50-state CC reciprocity (is this even possible, considering states rights?), or perhaps a Federal CC permit has been mentioned or discussed at all?

Thanks
Federal intervention is the last thing I want

·
Registered
141 Posts
The liberals are all upset about forcing the states the accept other states permits. The say it is against federalism. I laugh because they don't know what they are talking about. First the 2nd amendment is a federal right so the Feds have the say. Sencond the Feds tell the states what to do all the time traffic saftey, emissions, accepting gay marriage, and all other crap. The liberals don't complain about that. I laughed when I read the article the liberals put out about reciprocity.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The liberals are all upset about forcing the states the accept other states permits. The say it is against federalism. I laugh because they don't know what they are talking about. First the 2nd amendment is a federal right so the Feds have the say. Sencond the Feds tell the states what to do all the time traffic saftey, emissions, accepting gay marriage, and all other crap. The liberals don't complain about that. I laughed when I read the article the liberals put out about reciprocity.
They also haven't complained that Obama told Holder and Lynch not to enforce the federal law prohibiting marijuana use, which does overrule state's laws on according to the SCOTUS.

Trump could choose to enforce the law, and the liberal heads will surely roll.

·
Registered
311 Posts
They also haven't complained that Obama told Holder and Lynch not to enforce the federal law prohibiting marijuana use, which does overrule state's laws on according to the SCOTUS.

Trump could choose to enforce the law, and the liberal heads will surely roll.
Then we'd really see some cry babies in action. "Hey California about that recreational marijuana..."

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Federal CHL...no way....I want NOTHING to do with allowing someone at the Federal level to wake up on Tuesday morning and decide my CHL is no longer valid..........no reciprocity NOTHING. If you get the Feds involved that will NEVER do anything in your favor. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

States rights. Imagine having those liberal tools in California or Massachusetts weigh in on the standards for your CHL......forget it.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
I'm for 50 State Reciprocity under the Second Amendment of United States Constitution.

I believe requiring a permit to carry is unconstitutional.

It will be a while before the courts come around to my point of view.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'm for 50 State Reciprocity under the Second Amendment of United States Constitution.

The Courts view us as dangerous beasts and they are correct. We are showing them that we can be trusted.

. . . like lions in a pride with a nose full off hyena!

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
3,827 Posts

Thanks
Trust me, this is the last thing you want. No way is a federally issued carry permit a good thing. Be careful for that which you wish for... you just might get it.

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
No it's not. It is a right that is unalienable and held by The People.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts

I'm very hopeful that after last Tuesday they will come around to your (our) point of view quicker than expected.

Reactions: rcsoftexas and PEF
1 - 20 of 60 Posts