Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Mods please move if you choose to.

Anyone have, either good or bad, experience
with GLOCK M/27 and the 11RD *LEO STAMPED* mags?

Any feed problems?

They look to be a only "tad" larger than a
9 rnd'r w/ Pierce ext. Looks good for winter
cary with cover garments.

Thanks.

-

·
Registered
686 Posts
Tommy,

I'm not a fan of Glocks. That being said, I admire the platform and the way they were designed. I also like the idea of the G27. You'll find a few guys around the forum that use it as their daily carry.

My suggestion to you, and I'm pretty sure this is what they do, and is one of the major advantages to Glocks that I see, is to pick up the G27 if you want to carry it, and then pick up full cap magazines for one of the larger models that shoots .40S&W. You can carry with the usual 9 or 10 round mag (sorry, don't know how many it holds) and carry the larger mags on your belt as reloads.

Just a thought.

--Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jim,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes Sir, you can use 9-13-15 rnd'rs (and I do - :smile: ) in the
Glock 27.

But I am very interested in GLOCK M/27 and the 11RD *LEO STAMPED* mags for a 'certain use'.

The reason I asked if there were any here with experience with the
11 rnd'r LEO mags is that I have no way of testing them before I
order them.

They 'should' work just fine. I have seen posts where some have
said they had ocassional feed problems using G23 and G22 mags
in a 27.

I have never had a problem - for that matter never have I seen
anyone else have a feed problem with the larger caps in a 27.
But, I am sure there are some with problems since mags are the
weak link in auto-loaders.

I've seen a lot of rnds go through "drastic plastic" using those mags.

AH, but such is the nature of 'virtual reality' (the web) and the world. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Glock Problems? NEVER!

tommy said:
with GLOCK M/27 and the 11RD *LEO STAMPED* mags? Any feed problems?
I have never had any problems with either feeding or extraction in my Glock 27 and although I've not used mags stamped "LEO Only" I have used M22 and M23 hi-caps with no problems. There is a plastic spacer you can buy for those and it provides a seamless grip area. Awesome. If you're having problems feeding with the LEO mags it's probably worn out mag springs. Get some from Wolff. My M27 is my primary carry piece in town and what I usually compete with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any experience with +2 Glock mags?

The mags I am asking about are 9 rnd'rs with factory installed +2's.

As in >>>

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
tommy said:
Any experience with +2 Glock mags?

The mags I am asking about are 9 rnd'rs with factory installed +2's.
THAT'S the problem. The SPRING inside the magazine is tensioned for the 9 rounds. Stretching it out to accomodate the extra rounds weakened the pressure needed to feed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ExSoldier762,

You are saying that you have seen (or there are) problems
with this Glock mag with a fatcory installed +2 intended for LEO use ! (?)

:eek:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
tommy said:
ExSoldier762,

You are saying that you have seen (or there are) problems
with this Glock mag with a fatcory installed +2 intended for LEO use ! (?)

:eek:
No I've NOT seen that. I'm saying if anybody has problems with a 9rd mag that has had a +2 extension added without also adding a higher tension spring, THAT'S the trouble, especially as the number of rounds decreases in the mag. I'd be surprised if the last two fed at all under those conditions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ExSoldier762,

Now we have to ask: "would Glock offer such an inferioir mag for sale, not only to the public, but to LEO"?... :eek:

That is why I asked:

:redface:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Look a LOT of folks take a high cap mag and put their OWN +2 extension onto it, for whatever reason. If somebody does that without also changing the spring, there's going to be a problem and MOST cops aren't that savvy about guns. Heck most street cops handle 'em like it's a snake gonna bite 'em! Why do you think the qualification tests are all pass/fail now?

I'm sure if the extension was fitted at the factory, it'd be proper mag spring tensions. But that's why the M27 was designed to accept the M22 and M23 mags in the first place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ExSoldier762,

Thanks for your thoughts. I have a lot of experience with both
Glocks and Glock owners and I agree with you, some owners
don't know about +2's and spring tension.

Perhaps I should rephrase my query:

Anyone have, real-world, hands-on experience
>>> Glock 9 rnd mag with a fatcory installed +2 intended for LEO use.

:1saufen:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I sold a customer some 11 rounder LEO mags last week...NO trouble with them as he came back in for more ammo...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not Happy with the 11rd Mag

ExSoldier762,

Now we have to ask: "would Glock offer such an inferioir mag for sale, not only to the public, but to LEO"?... :eek:

That is why I asked:

:redface:
My 11rd mags only hold 9 rds. I just bought these last weekend, I can only get 9 rds in one and 10 rds in the other. I love my 27 but these mags are not all they are cracked up to be. I am totally satisfied with the good ole 9rders though. My 27 is my primary carry gun so I thought the extra 2 rds would be better if I had to pull, it didn't work out that way. I still wouldn't give up my glock 27 for anything, well maybe a Wilson Tactical Elite.45, I do also carry a Glock 22 and a 1911 custom build . Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to waste money on 11 rd 27 mags.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I believe that it was intended to hold 10, not 11 rounds. In any event I have not had any problems with mine. I had some issues with the G23 & G22 mags that had the older followers. Any of the newer mags with #8 or #9 followers work fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Pierce extended +2 base plate is marketed for the 9mm and the 40 magazines.

When this base plate is mated to the G26 mag, you can load the mag with the additional two rounds. The stock G26 mag along with the +2 base plate allows for 13 rounds if I'm not mistaken. I have these installed on my Mom's G26 and am pretty sure it is full with 13 rounds.

Since the 40 cartridge is a we bit larger than the 9mm round, that same +2 base plate mounted on the stock G27 magazine only allows one extra round.

Either way, I have the +2 base plates mounted on all of my G27 mags-they give a nice resting place for my pinkey finger.

Dirty

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
WOW! This thread started in 2005?
Interestingly enough, I just ordered another mag for my G27 from botach and I picked one of the OEM 11rd mags. Can't beat their prices with free shipping on Glock mags in my opinion. I've used the 12 round factory mags in my ex-girlfriend's G26 with excellent results. These are Glock factory mags....not aftermarket +2 extensions. I think we've been down the road of discussion about the +2 aftermarket extensions available for the Glock magazines, and the only ones I have ever used (for competition mainly) were made specifically for the NFML (non-full metal lined) or NDF (non-drop free) magazines back in the day. I have used the aftermarket +1 bottoms available for the G30 in the past with no issues. If at any time you alter a factory magazine, you do so at your own risk IMO. Believe me.........I've had a bottom blow out once or twice during a run or at the firing line. I once got a full 20 rounds in a G17 mag with +2 bottom. Slide wouldn't rip the first round into the chamber. Go figure.

Reactions: zonker1986

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Zonker: That's a really cool looking G33 you've got there. I might have to consider a 33 for my still small (5) collection, even though I've promised "wifey" to hold the fort at five! Oh well, time will tell.:scratchchin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts